kubota grey paint

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I know this is an old thread, but the fact I found it in a search on this topic means it's not dead. I decided to do a comparison of the Rust Oleum 7784 Charcoal Gray to the Kubota 70000-00210 Dark Gray. The Kubota matches the frame/engine/etc. on my 90's era B2150. The difference in real life is more pronounced than it appears on my computer screen.
A good search engine can find a thread that is so old that the original poster and almost all that replied are also dead. The information in threads ages out and many times the products mentioned are no longer widely available and/or are considered "obsolete". This is a very common issue with paints since many of the paint formulations that were available 5 years ago are no longer available today. Five years ago I could buy lacquer-based paints just about everywhere, and today it is almost impossible to find a lacquer paint in any store unless it is old inventory.

LorenS

Equipment
B2150HSD, Land Pride AT2572, Koyker 120 FEL
Mar 22, 2021
The information in threads ages out and many times the products mentioned are no longer widely available and/or are considered "obsolete". This is a very common issue with paints since many of the paint formulations that were available 5 years ago are no longer available today.
Good thing none of this is applicable to the conversation at hand, as the information has not changed and the products are both readily available. I bought the Rust-Oleum at Home Depot and the Kubota paint at the Kubota dealer.
A good search engine can find a thread that is so old that the original poster and almost all that replied are also dead. The information in threads ages out and many times the products mentioned are no longer widely available and/or are considered "obsolete". This is a very common issue with paints since many of the paint formulations that were available 5 years ago are no longer available today. Five years ago I could buy lacquer-based paints just about everywhere, and today it is almost impossible to find a lacquer paint in any store unless it is old inventory.
My opinion on the matter is that if the information is "obsolete" then the old threads should be deleted. In this case, I have provided the only visual information related to the topic for products that are readily available. I'm also of the persuasion that one big pile of information is better than two little piles; rather than bring that pile up I chose the Arlo Guthrie approach of throwing mine down. Hopefully I won't receive a visit by Officer Obie, or have to sit on the Group W bench.

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Sherwin Williams code based on color match to a new 3pnt link arm

View attachment 93419
Be nice to also get the color code for Kubota orange. Took some pictures of my tractor and with photo shop, every spot I chose on the picture would give me a different RGB code number. All close and probably would do, but would be nice to get the official color code.

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
If not already aware Rustoleum offers Kubota orange in spray and can forms. I found Home Depot was the best route on the spray (using to re‐touch the bucket after doing some weld on hooks.) I went this route on the gray as I'll need more of it for a larger fabrication project and I couldn't readily find the Kubota gray on the open market like the orange.

Reactions: 1 user

LorenS

Equipment
B2150HSD, Land Pride AT2572, Koyker 120 FEL
Mar 22, 2021
Rustoleum offers Kubota orange in spray and can forms
From the Rustoleum Webpage: SKU: Tractor & Implement Spray Paint 772492

It does not say which version of Kubota Orange this is, but Post #6 here says this Rustoleum matches the NEWER Kubota orange, called "Orange II":

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't buy Rustoleum paint any more. At some point they decided to not allow the cans to be inverted to blow out paint from the nozzle. Too many problems painting steel targets white with half full cans no longer working. I buy ACE white paint and the cans last until they're empty.

As for Kubota paint, I've found nothing close in terms of quality. It's expensive but readily available, matches the color and really holds up, and you can blow paint out of the nozzle by inverting the can. It's worth the cost to me.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Farm and Fleet used to carry Valspar implement paint. I painted my skidsteer bucket with it and it wouldn't wear off. I painted my L3030 with their Kubota orange and it was a perfect match.

Eurodys

Jan 12, 2024
USA
I've used Kubota grey paint for touch-ups on my equipment, and it usually works like a charm. It's essential to find the right match to keep your tractor looking sharp. Rustoleum lobster red sounds like a good alternative for a close match.
As for picking paint colors, I feel your pain! I'm knee-deep in house renovations myself, and choosing the perfect shades can be a real head-scratcher. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack at the paint shop! But hey, we'll get through it, one paint can at a time.

Last edited:

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Kubota is the worst outfit I've seen for changing parts around so nothing will interchange and concealing information related to their products. You can buy touch up to match hundreds cars and tractors at countless retail stores but not so for Kubota. One could paint their Kubota green as a last resort but if junk yards don't have parts he needs the tractor is a trot line weight.