Kubota GF 1800 transmission issue.

gjoost

Equipment
GF1800
Jun 21, 2019
Bow Island
Hi, the hydraulic/transmission breather cap is pushing out transmission fluid. Not sure what is causing this. We were cutting grass , and suddenly it started pushing out fluid. Went back to the shop and changed the filter , I though it might be some obstruction in there. Took off the pressure and suction line and both appear to be free of obstruction. Dropped the transmission oil and replaced with new- but nothing worked!
It's creating pressure inside the transmission somewhere to push out the oil.
Any and all help appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

dragfan66

Equipment
B7500 Z231KW G1800 L3350DT
Apr 12, 2020
Alabama
I looked in my shop manual and it wasn't much help.
They don't have a circuit schematic that I have found.
Looking at the exploded view, I can't tell what plug the oil is coming out of that you are talking about.

Long shot - have you changed the oil recently and used a product that is too thin for the application?

RonnieTanner

Equipment
GF1800
May 28, 2024
Lethbridge
Hello! Thank you for the reply. It was the oil filter. When we bought the machine the previous owner, a kubota salesman, told us the service had been done, but the filter ended up showing as new, never changed. So, it was restricting flow, building up pressure, and venting.

dragfan66

Equipment
B7500 Z231KW G1800 L3350DT
Apr 12, 2020
Alabama
Hello! Thank you for the reply. It was the oil filter. When we bought the machine the previous owner, a kubota salesman, told us the service had been done, but the filter ended up showing as new, never changed. So, it was restricting flow, building up pressure, and venting.
That's great!

Reactions: 1 user