Kubota G1800 hard to start. Turning key only produces a solenoid click. I can roll the tractor a few feet and it will start right up. WHAT IS Problem?

Al Barrs

Equipment
Tractor G1800-S; Deck RC48-G20-S 48"
Jul 23, 2012
Bascom, Florida U.S.A.
Kubota G1800 hard to start. Turning key only produces a solenoid click. I can roll the tractor a few feet and it will start right up. WHAT IS Problem? What is solution?

Similar Problem with starting my 900 RTV Kubota. Some time it won't start. I just get a solenoid click, letting it set for a while, and normally it will start right up...battery ok.

Kaiten

Equipment
G2160, G1800, ZD221, and L3800
Apr 15, 2021
Houston TX
I assume the starter did not kick in then. Could it be low trigger voltage at the starter? My G2160 had issues on starting due to low voltage. I installed a relay and solved the issue.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It is probably the same issue that the relay fixed.

Clean the battery cables at both ends since that can cause problems also.

There may be safety switches going out and causing voltage drop that could be found and replaced without adding the relay

Reactions: 1 user

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Most likely a safety-switch. This is kinda a 'normal' thing for kubotas.

I assume you are getting off the tractor to "roll it a few feet". Have you tried just GET OFF SEAT AND SIT DOWN AGAIN?

My money is on the seat switch being the issue.

If that does not help. Use a voltmeter to perform VOLTAGE DROP measurements. This is the quickest way to isolate the problem within 3-5 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user