Kubota discontinuing the bx series???

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I've been thinking of getting a bx1880 with the 54 inch deck, with no loader hydraulic valving and the quick attach canopy.. Kubota proced it at a tad over 12k..

Called my dealer today and he called Kubota and they said no more bx series.. and all the backorder ones are going to be the next series?? Wth..

That and they have no decks.. 2 month backorder.. but they have a 60 inch..

So he is trying to sell me a bx2380 with 60 deck, for a tad under 15k..

I was also hoping to sell them 60 inch rear finish mower for maybe 1700 trade in value since those are also on backorder and he said wholesale is 500.. but is going to try to get more for it... hummm

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I can understand delays - everything is delayed these days.

BUT I truly find it hard to believe that Kubota would discontinue the BX series????? More BX's are sold than any other brand in the US - number #1 for a good while.

Now ..... maybe there are renaming it again ....... B to an LX.............. maybe a BX to a ......... hell - I dont know a ZX!!!!

And if you can get the 2380 .... I would say jump on it - For the 3k it will be worth it in the long run IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Interesting. Are they merging the BX and the BXX01 series?

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Sounds like a dealer who's flat out wrong. If they were discontinuing the BX they'd obviously replace it, it's massively high selling. If they were replacing it, I'd expect to see a video from Messicks, they'd know as soon as any other dealer knew, and it'd be big news.

Short answer, it's probably wrong.

Longer answer, what might he have meant instead? Might have meant that the BX1880 is being discontinued? Might have meant that the next shipment will be all BX2380, and BX1880 is a lower margin product so they're focusing on BX2380 - don't expect an 1880 soon. Might have been just wrong. I see no evidence that a 2390 is coming, and the xx80 is pretty new so not really due for replacement.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
It sounds to me like a new salesman that is seriously confused. I seriously doubt that Kubota would stop producing the most popular tractor line in their inventory. Maybe a name or series number change but not a deletion of a very popular tractor line.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Maybe they meant that it is a new bx series. Like the L01 replaced the L00. So the one that you wanted to place an order for you can't do anymore because of the new series release being too close to rollout but they don't quite know what all is going to be in the new series?

I doubt they'd get rid of the mmm since the B Series can have one as well.

Also there may not be info out yet because of a media embargo set by Kubota that hasn't lifted yet?

I doubt they would discontinue the BX all together and just forfeit that market share over to Deere.

Brandon Archer

Equipment
Bx1880, loader, rear blade, mid mount mower
Dec 23, 2020
Illinois
I think it would be strange that they are getting rid of the BX as well, i just bought my bx1880 3 months ago here in illinois, they are still offering them for sale at the dealer i used.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
@ccoon520: I didn't see anyone suggest MMM would be discontinued. As you say, that would make no sense. I don't think that's real. If the dealer knows about it, then there can't be an embargo. But if that dealer knows, then Messicks would know I'd think. It's very unlikely that the dealer was right.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
This is what he said.. I said I called but it was all texting.. this is in reference to the bx1880..

Him, Just got off the phone with Kubota and they are introducing a new model to replace the bx. We should have more info in the next coming weeks

Me , Does that mean you can't order one?

Him, Correct any that we have on order will be reallocated to the incoming model.

He said mmm are a 2 month wait..

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
If that's true (and it may be) then surely if you like the BX, the new model must be better still. Therefore just order what you want, and if you get upgraded to the new model that's awesome. Presumably since they took your money they'll have to deliver the new model for the same price as the old.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
If that's true (and it may be) then surely if you like the BX, the new model must be better still. Therefore just order what you want, and if you get upgraded to the new model that's awesome. Presumably since they took your money they'll have to deliver the new model for the same price as the old.
I would bet that they would not deliver a higher priced model for the same money no matter what you may want to believe. They may give a break on the price but there is no law that says they have to give you the higher priced one for the same money. That just does not make any sense at all.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I would bet that they would not deliver a higher priced model for the same money no matter what you may want to believe. They may give a break on the price but there is no law that says they have to give you the higher priced one for the same money. That just does not make any sense at all.
My logic is that if you order a tractor and they take your money, and they convert that order into the new model, then probably they'll do that at the same price. Might not be true, but I guess the things that can happen here are:

1. Order the tractor you want. All this turns out to be untrue, and they deliver the tractor you want
2. Order the tractor you want. It gets replaced with a new model that's better, and they give it to you at the same price
3. Order the tractor you want. It gets replaced with a new model that's better and more expensive, and you're at the front of the queue and they give you a bit of a discount for your trouble
4. Order the tractor you want. It gets replaced with a new model that's better and more expensive, and you're at the front of the queue, but you don't like the price. They can't make you pay more money, so they cancel your order and give your money back, you're no worse off.

I just don't see how you could end up worse off out of all this. I guess if you get the newest of the new model it might have some unforseen issues, so maybe you would have gone and bought a green tractor instead of being the first guy with a new Kubota model. Haven't seen a lot of people doing that though - we all know newer models are better. :)

I'd still be a bit surprised if this was the first sniff we had of a new BX model. The 80 series hasn't been around all that long. Perhaps they're making a better drive over mower to compete with Deere - the current auto-attach on the Kubota is a bit finicky, and I think the Deere system is generally seen as being better. They could arguably do a little with loader capacity too, but I think the front wheels and axles really prevent that, and I very much doubt they'd make the BX into a bigger machine - a part of it selling so well is that it's so small. Those that want a bigger machine with more capacity should buy the B01, as it doesn't really cost much more.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I've been thinking of getting a bx1880 with the 54 inch deck, with no loader hydraulic valving and the quick attach canopy.. Kubota proced it at a tad over 12k..

Called my dealer today and he called Kubota and they said no more bx series.. and all the backorder ones are going to be the next series?? Wth..

I was also hoping to sell them 60 inch rear finish mower for maybe 1700 trade in value since those are also on backorder and he said wholesale is 500.. but is going to try to get more for it... hummm
The BX series is well past due for an upgrade, and I've been expecting Kubota to do so for sometime.

Expect the return of position control on at least a "deluxe" version.

SDT

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I haven't given any money.. I wanted the 1880 with 54 inch deck because it's strictly for mowing about 1.6 acres of grass with about 67 inches between 14 trees, that will be getting much bigger in the years to come.

That and I was not happy about the 500 offer on a 3 point mower I paid 2200 for 4 months ago that I used 4 times.. would like a 200 or less payment too.. at 60 months it would be 207 for the 1880, the 2380 would be 270. Was going to sell my zero turn for 3500 and put it as a down payment, and hoped... to get around 1700 for the finish mower, or at least 1500 and that would bring my payment to 140 ish.. I already have a payment for my l2501 too.. the only thing I don't own..

Well see what happens

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Start calling other dealers and asking for quotes

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

I made a huge error when I bought a tiller from my local K-dealer. He had sold it for $2600 to it’s first owner shortly before....and the guy didn’t even get the paint scratched off the tines when he died of a heart attack and his wife returned it. (I suspect she was given ariound $1000 for it, because....). I bought it in like-new condition for $1700... and discovered it would not accomplish what I wanted in about 5 minutes of operation.... it still had it’s painted tines when I called him to trade it in on a finish mower....and he warned me that the K-dealer would only give me 2/5ths of what they’d sold it to me (About $750) and they would sell it for twice what they had in it. ($1500)... that I’d be better-off to sell it myself.

The salesman in THIS thread can only sell what he has ON HAND... and that will flavor whatever story he tells.

Reactions: 2 users