Kubota Detent Float Kit.... and extra parts???

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
First.... Happy New Year to all and to all Best Wishes!

Well my local Kubota dealer used the the Model and S/N on the control valve mount and subframe to pin down the correct Kubota/Husco control valve. Turns out it was B00502. And lo and behold... he had the Detent Float Kit in stock.
Disassembled the lower portion of the valve.... had not changed much since I tried to clean it. It worked but was a bit rough.
Here's the deal... the kit has a small flat washer included .... and for the life of me I cannot see it called out on the parts breakdown. Any Ideas folks.

Here is what I am working with...

Attachments

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Hey.... on this post's listing under service and maintenance there is is purple "Eye".... looks like the CBS tv's logo. Can someone tell me what it means?

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
Hey.... on this post's listing under service and maintenance there is is purple "Eye".... looks like the CBS tv's logo. Can someone tell me what it means?
The purple eye is a note that you're watching the thread. You can turn it on or off just above the first post. I would guess since you started the thread you would want to watch the thread to see if there are replies, so the watch may be enabled by default on threads you start!

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Here's the deal... the kit has a small flat washer included .... and for the life of me I cannot see it called out on the parts breakdown. Any Ideas folks.

I looked in the package from when I installed the same kit around 5 years ago. I have a small flat washer left over. According to Messicks parts catalog the kit 75536-65400 fits 31 different Kubota loader valves. I wonder if the washer is used on a different application that the kit fits.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario

Well my local Kubota dealer used the the Model and S/N on the control valve mount and subframe to pin down the correct Kubota/Husco control valve. Turns out it was B00502. And lo and behold... he had the Detent Float Kit in stock.
Disassembled the lower portion of the valve.... had not changed much since I tried to clean it. It worked but was a bit rough.

Out of curiosity, what did they ding you for that float detent kit? I have one on a newer tractor, a B7510, that no longer holds in detent and am bracing for what the dealer will ask for it.

As a word of support, the detent on my B2410 valve is getting sticky. I drilled a hole in the end cup (part 020-A perhaps in your drawing) to let accumulated moisture drain. That seems to have worked well as two winters ago the valve would freeze up... last winter it didn't.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Out of curiosity, what did they ding you for that float detent kit? I have one on a newer tractor, a B7510, that no longer holds in detent and am bracing for what the dealer will ask for it.

As a word of support, the detent on my B2410 valve is getting sticky. I drilled a hole in the end cup (part 020-A perhaps in your drawing) to let accumulated moisture drain. That seems to have worked well as two winters ago the valve would freeze up... last winter it didn't.
It was $117.00 and tax. The kit has everything from the lower spool shaft down including covers and allen bolts. I just completed my install this afternoon. The big difference between the old and new besides the corrosion is the spool tension spring. The new one much more robust!

Now.... reinstalling the new spring... it was easy AFTER I took an old wide flat blade screwdriver and reworked with a bench grinder to make a tool to wind in the detent shaft into the lower spool shaft. With the makeshift tool.... 5 min. max to install the tension spring. Also... there is a relatively new video on you tube showing the trick on getting the detent colar over the 4 detent ball bearings on a Kubota/Husco control valve. Everything looks and works like new now. Big difference!

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Thanks, Butch - I appreciate you taking the time to share these details!
As I was cleaning up after the detent install a couple things came to mind. First and probably most important regards the synthetic ring that is provided in the detent kit. It is the very first thing that goes on the spool shaft during the install after the replaced o-ring. (Note: I did not replace the original o-ring on my install.... as it was tight and liquid tight.)

That synthetic ring has different sides. One side is flat and the other has a raised lip. The flat side of the ring installs against the o-ring.

And the second thing worth mentioning was what led me to replace the detent in the first place as it seemed to be functioning well.... just a little stiff or ruff when shifting.

I was just finishing up removing snow from a neighbor's driveway when I noticed a micro pin hole in a hydraulic line... the line that fed the cylinder to raise the blade. When I raised the blade it would really squirt and when I released the control it would automatically center itself and and shut off flow to that line.... or that was what it was supposed to do. What actually happened was it continued to squirt... not much .... but I could see it. All I had to do to get it to stop was just gently bump the control lever up.... then it completely stopped.

What this told me was the inability f the control lever not centering properly was two fold. First, it was shifting stiff so it was the residual corrosion left when I cleaned it a few years back. It was certainly less that smooth. Ane the second contributing factor was the tension left in the old spool spring. The new spring was significantly more stiff and robust. Enough so I can actually feel a difference in the control lever. I am glad I bought the detent kit... worth every penny!

Tman4301

Equipment
Bx2230 la211
Jan 1, 2022
Alberta Canada

I’m currently rebuilding the same valve and I can’t figure out where that small metal washer goes, did you just not install it and everything was fine?

Reactions: 1 user

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I’m currently rebuilding the same valve and I can’t figure out where that small metal washer goes, did you just not install it and everything was fine?
Yep.... felt odd but it worked for in my case. Good luck!

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
Ok, my turn at resurrecting this thread, which is great by the way!

…Why?

As the ‘22 Winter progressed the float detent was getting harder and harder to engage. During one snowfall and a good “smack up” on the stick, the next thing - no more detent. No more float…though, if I held the stick in the up position - the blade would float. On a 275’ driveway that gets old quick!

So I got the detent kit listed…and before I dig in I have questions:

1.) The two cups that are above and below the main spring in the diagram, in the kit one looks to be cheap galvanized pressed metal and the other a more heavy duty thick steel.

I haven’t gotten to take the existing valve body apart yet so I cannot compare, so I can only assume that the heavy duty one is toward the cup end? And the galvanized one is up closer to the valve body?

2.) The fella’ on youtube that took the idea from a fella’ here about drilling the outer casings so water has a way out and WD-40 a way in…due to the bad sealing. Has anyone used a silicone or other sealant to make these parts a bit more water tight? Good or bad idea?

Thanks!
Kutch

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
Well, it’s finally done. Put the new Detent kit in and it works perfectly. The youtube vid made doing this easy!! Thanks!