Kubota B7001 restoration done!

bernierao

Equipment
KUBOTA B7001
Jan 8, 2011
Portugal
Hey everybody,
I've been restoring a Kubota B7001 in the past few weeks and finally after a long weekend i got it finished. I'd like to post the pics here but I'm having some trouble in doing it so I'm puting a link for those you'd like to see it. I'm very happy with the result. Basically followed instructions found on this site about restoring and painting. I made my own decals because buying the original stuff was quite expensive (70 euros!!). Here's a list of what it cost:

PAINT: 90 euros (5 Orange and 4 Blue)
BATTERY - 40 Euros
DECALS - 15 EUROS (used adobe illustrator)
filters and oil - 40 euros
2 new tires front - 90 euros
1 seat cover - home made - 10 euros
wires (rusted terminals) - 10 euros
Clear Coat spray - 5 euros
TOTAL: 300 euros - 404 CAD

here is the link with photos:

http://cascais.olx.pt/tractor-peque...o-2000-revisionado-e-restaurado-iid-171762289

thanks everybody!

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Nice looking tractor. How did you make the decals.

bernierao

Equipment
KUBOTA B7001
Jan 8, 2011
Portugal
My sister works as a designer so I gave her some pics of the original decals that you find on sale on the internet. She made the basic composition and then I corrected the sizes to fit the tractor. She did this in a couple of hours. Then i went to a print shop and they printed the decals in vinyl sticker paper. Because they could only do a square meter of the stuff I printed a lot of WARNING and MAINTENANCE decals, that will really make the thing look new looking. The only thing I haven't managed to do yet are the dashboard decals, I made some but they are not very interesting.... I'm sure these decals are as good as the original stuff! This print shop makes decals for cars so this is as good as I could get for this price. Also, I know some guys there, so they made me a special price ;)

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
When I look at the pictures, I wonder always, if these traktors will ever do work again or just "cruising" at sunday's. :)

"My one is make for working and that's just was he do" :cool:

I hope it will stay as long as possible in that good shape.

carl

bernierao

Equipment
KUBOTA B7001
Jan 8, 2011
Portugal
thanks!
There is really something special about restoring these machines. It's a real danger geting into something like this during an economical crisis because once you start you can't help geting a bit frankensteinian about it! You will not stop until the job is done even if that means spending more than just a few $$$$$$'s on it!

Like it was said here when you see the pics its hard to remember that these machines were really made for battling in the trenches and not for sunday cruising along the beach front while listening to "Les Champs-Elysées"... :cool:

(...and why not!? its a cabrio anyway! eheheh):D

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
great job . makes me want to get started on mine but guess it will have to wait til fall . too much work for it to do this spring and summer.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
$130 euros just on the battery and tires alone.
You did real well on the price.
Looks good.

I've been wanting to restore my ride.
Considered bed liner instead on paint
Rhino/line X the whole surface.

Is this crazy or crazy awesome?

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hi
Nice Job
I am restoring a B7200 HSTD and need the "old" orange and Blue Paint.
Anyone know the RAL numbers for these paints.
I have the Kubota numbers but intend to buy paint from the local Autopaint Shop who can match to any RAL no.
Thanks

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
When I click on the link it brings Me to OLX website with cars, tractors, airplanes ect. for sale. What am I doing wrong ?