kubota B6000

countryplumber

Jun 28, 2011
Mobile al
I have kubota B6000 with a front loader and the backhoe. The implements need new cylinders and I would like to get all new hydraulics for the entire tractor and restore it to like new or better than new condition. Whats parts are NOT available for these tractors? Any help would be appreciated.

I will try to dig up some pics in the mean time.:D

countryplumber

Jun 28, 2011
Mobile al
The backhoe and the FEL is all straight from the factory. The hydraulics are the only thing thats really failing the other parts of the tractor work great.

Cant find pics right now but I will eventually post them.

countryplumber

Jun 28, 2011
Mobile al
The main objective is to make the backhoe dig. The tractor is small and thats why I like it,it can get into small places like peoples backyards and we typically only dig 3-5' deep so its perfect. The tires do not tear up sod like tracks do and its easy to haul around.

If I need to modify parts or have parts made for it thats ok too...I just want the back hoe and front loader to work.

Right now the backhoe is operated by about 4 different seperate controls.....anyway to change that out to Two sticks that control the backhoe?

pics are on a computer that the power supply shorted out.....I'll hafta take more pics.

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
Hi and welcome to the site countryplumber.

Almost all b6000 parts are available from Vic or your local Kubota dealership.

At the very least you'll need a parts manual. PM me and I can help you there.

Take your hydraulics to your local hydraulic shop. They'll be able to match the cylinder and the ram cheaper than Kubota will.

I don't own a backhoe, but it seems to me that you'd need four or five controls for one. Bucket up/down. Arm up/down. Left/right. Stabilizers up/down. Maybe another spool valve would remap the controls into less levers, but that's likely an expensive upgrade for what you get.

countryplumber

Jun 28, 2011
Mobile al
I contacted a company called bailys that sell the cylinders. They explain how to measure the cylinders and how to identify the type. I would rather just put new cylinders on and all new hoses and be done with it.

Does anyone know where I can get all new controls to work the backhoe and the stabilzer legs? How about a new backhoe bucket? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help! I promise I will be posting some pics of the tractor soon.....its across town right now in storage. I see Kubota offers paint so I may even strip the thing down and have it painted.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
To operate your backhoe you will need a 6 spool control valve,2 will be uses for the right and left stabalizer legs each with its own lever,one pair for slew and dibber .the other pair for curling the bucket and operating the boom.I mention them in pairs because you say you wanted two stick control so you have to link each pair together with unverasl joints so1 lever operates both spools.
The slew is usually on the left and the curl on the right.there does not seem to be any standard between manufactures as to which hand operates the boom and dipper but the hoses can be easily plumbed to suit what you are used to

The backhoe works better with its own pump working off the pto.
The FEL needs two spools and will happily work off the tractor hyraulic system.
I don't know what the price of hydraulic components are over there but here the prices are horrendous.
Dave

Last edited:

countryplumber

Jun 28, 2011
Mobile al
Ok I did some checking today on the cylinders. They are 2" diameter on the backhoe and 1.5" on the stablizer legs.

There are 3 cylinders on the boom. One for the bucket,one to extend the boom and one to raise/lower the backhoe. Also there is two mounted in the frame to move the backhoe left and right.

The cylinders have different ends at the point of connection to the backhoe. One end may have the clevis type and the other end of the same cylinder maybe cross tube.

I have been searching through bailys website. Are they good cylinders? They make a line called chief. The 2" diameter cylinders appear to have 1.25" pistons and the 1.5" measure about 5/8" pistons.

They are welded type cylinders.

I'ma replace them all and if I can find new controls I will replace those also. All the hoses are being replaced.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What model backhoe is it? Again, pics would help.