Kubota B6000

Leatherguy

Equipment
1980's B6000 4wd
Jan 29, 2016
Jaffray B.C Canada
I just bought a B6000 yesterday 1980's model, can anyone tell me how I can find out what year it is? And it cam with a roller tiller, is there a way it comes off, and what other attatchments can I put on this machine?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A word of caution when considering other implements. Check and find out if your B6000 has a a pto shaft which turns opposite to those on North American tractors. The tillers they came with were designed for the reverse rotation. I am not an expert on the model and am just going from things I have read.
Changing the rotation is a big deal!
Dave M7040

PenderBen

Equipment
B6200d, Bobcat 323j, T1600
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
I have a B6000. You can unbolt the tiller and remove it, it's very straight forward. I leave mine off most of the time and use the tractor for towing trailers around (I did have to add a hitch, but there were holes to bolt it on), I move a lot of firewood, rock and materials around with it.
As others have said, they have reverse PTOs, so unless you get a PTO reverser it's hard to find any PTO driven attachments that work. I have heard of people using 3 point hitch mowers with rear discharge and reversing the blades (or sharpening the backs), but haven't tried that myself, and requires a 3 point hitch.
You can find front loaders for them, I believe there's a place in Washington state that makes one that will fit, that would add a lot of functionality. I found a small loader for mine on craigslist, but haven't gotten around to installing it, they are out there though.
They're great little tractors, but can be limited by their PTO (and lack of weight, if you're towing up hill).

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
I have never been able to work out the age of my B6000.

There was a spec change sometime in the production run from fuel tank running across the frame to along the length of the frame and a slightly more sophisticated throttle arrangement came with the latter. But I do not know what year this change took place.

I had considerable doubts when I bought my B6000. I didn't know much about tractors and I was spending a good chunk of change on a 40 year old one.

But it has been wholly reliable and, to date, no task I have thrown at it has defeated it.

I use a four foot PTO driven brush hog without a reverser. I got a machine shop to put an edge on the opposite side of the blades and that solution still works fine three years on.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Changnam 59, on your mower with the blades sharped on the opposite side...does it throw the grass out OK? Anything peculiar about how it mows?

Question: If you had a 4' flair mower, could you use that to mow in reverse direction and still cut grass?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
D2cat
A couple of thoughts for you.
If you have a finishing mower where the grass is discharged out one side I expect you will have problems with reversed rotation.
To explain further, if you have a finishing mover on the 3 pt hitch and try cutting grass while backing up, the results are not as good as when going forward because the cut grass pieces stay under the mower deck for a much longer time than when the grass is cut by the tip of a blade and immediately thrown out the discharge which is right there near the tip.
If you have a rear discharge finishing mower the results may be better but I dont know for certain.
On a flail mower there is usually a full width roller to follow the ground like this one on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Ditch-Bank-Flail-Mower-Cat-I-3pt-30hp-65hp-FH-AGL125-/301866203397
If you reverse the rotation now you are going to be throwing the cut grass forward on-top of the grass you want to cut and then flattening it down with the roller as you move forward. Normally the cutting action throw the cut grass over the roller so it is not being compacted.
I came across this home made way to reverse a pto shaft rotation.
With the help of a machinist you may be able to do something similar for a reasonable cost.

The new pto output is at the middle bottom of the sprockets and chain. Because the chain goes over the sprocket the direction it turns is reversed.
Dave M7040

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... (image)
The new pto output is at the middle bottom of the sprockets and chain. Because the chain goes over the sprocket the direction it turns is reversed.
Dave M7040
Nice information addition to the board. to better archive that image am uploading it to the board

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I have a B6000. You can unbolt the tiller and remove it, it's very straight forward.....
As others have said, they have reverse PTOs, so unless you get a PTO reverser it's hard to find any PTO driven attachments that work. I have heard of people using 3 point hitch mowers with rear discharge and reversing the blades (or sharpening the backs), but haven't tried that myself, and requires a 3 point hitch.....
Reverser box built into the tiller? If such a thing is there, in a new thread it would be interesting to have photo's of said reverser box, and if we are lucky its it's guts too. Or does it just have special tiller blades built for spinning opposite direction of typical blades?

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dave_eng, thanks for the insight on the mowers.

That is an ingenious idea for a home-made reverser.

I have a good friend I just talked to in Wallyworld yesterday. He has his machine shop set up at his house and was asking me if I needed anything built. Most of what you show in your picture is farm store parts and some welding. It might be big and ugly, but not $800!!!!! I may turn him loose.

torinfleming

Equipment
Kubota B6000 c/w Front End Loader & Rotovator
Mar 11, 2016
Ravensdale, Co Louth, Ireland
Hi, I have recently picked up a Kubota B6000 based in Ireland. Quick question I am having difficulty locating the 3 Point Linkage kit to take 3 point attachments. Does anyone have the dimensions for the 3 point linkage kits for the Kubota B6000? thanks