kubota b2620 rear snowblower size

gamesniper

Equipment
b2620 landpride 3pt finish mower 3pt landpride blade
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys just ordered a woodmaxx sb-60 rear snow blower for my kubota b2620 does any of you have a woodmaxx or 60 inch blower . I was wandering how far it throws snow and hoping my kubota has enough of pto horsepower. answers or replies would be appreciated

Swando

Equipment
Kubota L3301 tractor
Mar 3, 2017
Fairfield, Idaho
Last year's snow fall was so intense I bought a L3301 and a 60" snowblower. They say 25 hp for a 60" blower. Any less hp you just have to slow down. One foot of dry snow blows about 30 feet. I almost always have wet snow to blow. Blows wet snow 10 - 20 feet. Get on it early as possible start wide stay wide.

gamesniper

Equipment
b2620 landpride 3pt finish mower 3pt landpride blade
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys got snowblower last week from woodmaxx, quality looks good and we'll built can't wait for snow hope b2620 has enough to power 60 inch beast:D

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi guys just ordered a woodmaxx sb-60 rear snow blower for my kubota b2620 does any of you have a woodmaxx or 60 inch blower . I was wandering how far it throws snow and hoping my kubota has enough of pto horsepower. answers or replies would be appreciated
This is an old rant of mine on snowblowers so many will recognize it and sigh.... not again.
I hope you find it informative!

Can I point out something that may change how you view blower throwing distance.

Imagine standing with a bucket of baseballs. The first test has you throwing them 100' in a fixed amount of time. Now increase the distance by 50% and throw the balls in the same amount of time.

Unless you are a star athlete, you will be much more fatigued throwing the same number of balls a greater distance. There is no free lunch either when it comes to snow blowers. Distance comes at the expense of requiring more power and fuel.

If you really need distance, then buy a blower where the drum rotates and the snow completely bypasses the chute and comes directly off the tip of the fan. This feature adds a lot to the price.

This video make the design function very easy to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiSuVMq-byw

This photo from the Schulte web site shows how far the snow can be thrown with the side discharge

Gravely walk behind snow blowers have a feature where the drum and chute rotate so the snow is not being influenced by the chute and the distance the snow is thrown is much further,

When choosing a snow blower, owners often forget about the importance of the angle that their pto shaft will have to operate at.

Measure the height of your tractor's pto shaft above ground. Now compare that measurement to the radius of the blower fan. Radius not diameter. Radius is 1/2 of the diameter so a 22" fan diameter would have an 11" radius.

If your pto shaft is say 15" above ground level, the height of the pto shaft at the blower end will be the radius of 11"

This means your pto shaft U joints are gong to be operating at an angle. The degree of the angle depends upon the vertical difference in height between the tractor pto and the center of the blower fan plus how close the blower is to the tractor.

Why this is important has to do with the life expectancy of the pto joints.

This chart shows how quickly the pto joint life decreases as the operating angle increases.

A pto angle of 5 degrees has a life expectancy of 450 hours.

Increase the pto joint angle to 25 degrees and the joint life is a very short 20 hours.

These figures can be disputed by owners who claim to have long life while having large pto joint angles. The designers of these shafts spend many hours testing and rating their products. I think it is wise to be guided by the designers ratings.

Your initial question had to do with your tractor's ability to handle a 60" blower. No problem with HST.

Dave

Last edited: