kubota 7060 regen

plumber

Equipment
7060mfwd 4800mfwd 4030 su
Aug 9, 2015
texarkana,texas
just traded 6800 for a 7060 and after trade found out about regen! dealer assured me of no problems thus far. any advice?

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
There are around 1 million 3/4 - 1 ton diesel trucks running Tier 4. The bulk of these have few or no problems. The biggest problem they see is with EGT sensors. EGR bodies probably second but mostly from high idle time motors. There is actually a mod to raise the idle via upfitter switch. I assume you will have an OBD port so buy a scanner. Hopefully someone will post a list of DTC's for you. Oh yeah, if you get a low DEF warning adding a little might not be enough to reset it. On Ford's you have to add more than 2.5 gallons to reset.

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Disregard previous poster's comment. There is no DEF on a M7060, there is no OBD port to hook a scanner to, and there's no modification to raise the idle with a switch like there is on a OTR truck.

When it calls for a regen, you will have to manually raise your RPM's until the light with the arrow pointing up, goes out. You can continue to use the machine, just keep your RPM's up. After the regen is complete, all the corresponding lights will go out, and it's done. Takes anywhere from 25-40min. On the occasion that it calls for a parked regen, you'll have to put everything in neutral, turn off the PTO, set the parking brake, and keep the throttle down to an idle. Then you will push the regen switch with the "P" next to it, and the computer will take over and allow it to regen. At that time, you can not use the tractor, allow it to do it's regen and go do something else. When it's done, the lights will go out.

plumber

Equipment
Aug 9, 2015
texarkana,texas
Disregard previous poster's comment. There is no DEF on a M7060, there is no OBD port to hook a scanner to, and there's no modification to raise the idle with a switch like there is on a OTR truck.

When it calls for a regen, you will have to manually raise your RPM's until the light with the arrow pointing up, goes out. You can continue to use the machine, just keep your RPM's up. After the regen is complete, all the corresponding lights will go out, and it's done. Takes anywhere from 25-40min. On the occasion that it calls for a parked regen, you'll have to put everything in neutral, turn off the PTO, set the parking brake, and keep the throttle down to an idle. Then you will push the regen switch with the "P" next to it, and the computer will take over and allow it to regen. At that time, you can not use the tractor, allow it to do it's regen and go do something else. When it's done, the lights will go out.
thanks Shadow for advice . you have confirmed owners manual. just a little gunshy usually uncalled for ! thanks again!!!

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
The more you work the tractor, the less often you'll have a regen. When you're working it hard, your machine will do what they call a "passive regen". In other words, the machine is working at peak performance and is actually burning out some of that soot that's in the particulate filter, just by working the tractor. When you do alot of idling, or low RPM work, you will fill that filter faster. In other words, work her hard and you're better off.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The more you work the tractor, the less often you'll have a regen. When you're working it hard, your machine will do what they call a "passive regen". In other words, the machine is working at peak performance and is actually burning out some of that soot that's in the particulate filter, just by working the tractor. When you do alot of idling, or low RPM work, you will fill that filter faster. In other words, work her hard and you're better off.
Yup, can confirm. Too bad it doesn't count if the owner is working hard :D:D

Hauling rocks to rock pile in back pasture yesterday with too much time at relatively low rpm while I was rolling rocks into the bucket really hiked up the % full on the dpf filter (this bar graph should be visible on your screen if you scroll through the view options). And there is no sensible way to speed back and forth over hilly bumpy ground with a loader full of large rocks. If stopped for longer than a couple of minutes it is better to shut it off than leave it idle. The hand throttle sets the lower limit on the idle rpm if you are in auto throttle so that is helpful if you are getting on and off the tractor, and want to keep the engine speed up. Mine "sounds" better to me above 1200 --1500.

Keep in mind that there is a nice increase in fuel efficiency in these engines that compensates for running a little high, although I think the guys with the non dpf engines also run theirs high too. There is a finite number of regens in a dpf filter, I was told about 200, and at my rate of use with an active regen needed every 25-30 hrs, that would not be until the tractor has 5,000 hrs on it, so I am not worrying a lot about the days it has to be run slow.

plumber

Equipment
Aug 9, 2015
texarkana,texas
Yup, can confirm. Too bad it doesn't count if the owner is working hard :D:D

Hauling rocks to rock pile in back pasture yesterday with too much time at relatively low rpm while I was rolling rocks into the bucket really hiked up the % full on the dpf filter (this bar graph should be visible on your screen if you scroll through the view options). And there is no sensible way to speed back and forth over hilly bumpy ground with a loader full of large rocks. If stopped for longer than a couple of minutes it is better to shut it off than leave it idle. The hand throttle sets the lower limit on the idle rpm if you are in auto throttle so that is helpful if you are getting on and off the tractor, and want to keep the engine speed up. Mine "sounds" better to me above 1200 --1500.

Keep in mind that there is a nice increase in fuel efficiency in these engines that compensates for running a little high, although I think the guys with the non dpf engines also run theirs high too. There is a finite number of regens in a dpf filter, I was told about 200, and at my rate of use with an active regen needed every 25-30 hrs, that would not be until the tractor has 5,000 hrs on it, so I am not worrying a lot about the days it has to be run slow.
all good to hear,worked 4800 yesterday and idle at 12oo rpm for 1.5 hours using front loader to do some welding on gates just wondered if it had been 7060?

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Sorry Shadow but the EGT sensors are there for active regens. EGR will be there too. There is also a least one computer and a diagnostic port somewhere.