Kubota 50th Anniversary L6060

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It’s ok to have a pair and a spare…that applies to EDC as well as it does tractors. I know what you mean. I am always eyeing an M4…but for now I will not so much as even open the cab…as soon as I get in and sit down we both know it’s all over.
I hadn't really thought about this, but when I was at the Kubota dealership yesterday to buy grease, a third grease gun and the radiator genie, I asked the parts guy how much the M5 was. He told me that a reasonable rule of thumb is around $1k per hp. The M5 as it sat was up in the $95k range.

m5-111_04.jpg

m5-111_05.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I hadn't really thought about this, but when I was at the Kubota dealership yesterday to buy grease, a third grease gun and the radiator genie, I asked the parts guy how much the M5 was. He told me that a reasonable rule of thumb is around $1k per hp. The M5 as it sat was up in the $95k range.

View attachment 105490

View attachment 105491
I don’t think that math really works out when it comes to smaller and/or economy models…I’d say the sales guy divided the price by the HP and that’s it…maybe it works for bigger machines, but I am not sure. I think in general terms for most things 2/3 time and material…great rule of thumb as a ball park for basic estimating….when it comes to machines i think there is some aspect of machine weight and capability, which may or may not be HP…depends on what you are doing. But weight has to be a factor. I think weight divided by price at least on smaller units like mine (no pun intended) give a better indicator of value within a class of machine. Think about your Mx, regardless of what you paid, it most certainly was not 1k per HP…and that goes for the big Ls as well. I think when you look at price per weight, you’ll see that machines get cheaper per material than the smaller machines. But that makes sense.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

View attachment 105490

View attachment 105491
Skyrocketed recently.

Not an issue for me as I will never buy any machine requiring DEF.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It's in the ballpark. A 26HP machine is around $26K, give or take (perhaps $22K to $30K depending on options and frame size). As you get bigger it probably gets closer. I don't think he's giving quotes, he's just giving ballpark - so if you look at a 100HP tractor and think "that's about $100K" you're probably right. A 50HP tractor is probably around $50K.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t think we are think about it same way. I’m sure features and options make some difference (but then based on Kubota MSRP then that would not be the HP driving up the price), but by Kubotas own site the HP doesn’t cost that much for a significant portion of the range of products.

Last edited: