KTAC cover?

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
While mowing this weekend with my BX1880 I noticed the front right guide wheel was a bit canted. Upon further inspection I noticed that the weld holding the support tube to the bracket had failed. Will KTAC cover something like this? Will they try and re-weld it or just replace the deck? I don't think I would have hit anything with that side to cause to break as the chute is there. I pulled the wheel and post out of the support tube to prevent further damage or it braking off and ending up under the mower.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
While mowing this weekend with my BX1880 I noticed the front right guide wheel was a bit canted. Upon further inspection I noticed that the weld holding the support tube to the bracket had failed. Will KTAC cover something like this? Will they try and re-weld it or just replace the deck? I don't think I would have hit anything with that side to cause to break as the chute is there. I pulled the wheel and post out of the support tube to prevent further damage or it braking off and ending up under the mower.
Cant answer the KTAC part but looks like a simple weld-me-up repair to me.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
This is similar to another thread which became argumentive….. Why ask a bunch of forum participants, the vast majority of which do not have KTAC insurance and cannot provide a reliable-committed reply..?? and ask instead the very folks who can give the real answer…Kubota. ?

(Then come back here and tell us what you found….so we’ll all be better educated?)

Reactions: 1 user

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
I have KTAC and would be interested to hear the result as well ( I would clean that deck up shiny as a could and retake the pics)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
30 seconds with a welder and you would be 100% back in the game!

Reactions: 2 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Yes, KTAC will cover replacing the deck shell, parts and labor.
Talk to your dealer, show them your pictures. They will then have you call KTAC and start a case. KTAC will not replace the complete deck, just the shell and the anti scalp wheel if it is damaged.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Went to dealer and they needed me to call KTAC to start the process and get a claims number. Have that and they are starting the process. Will pick up on Friday and evaluate the damage and report back to KTAC. Then the waiting game begins.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Curious about this as well - have had a few minor things but the time w/out tractor plus the deductible had me fix it myself (was a self inflicted front tire & wheel fiasco)

keep us posted

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Still waiting to hear back from KTAC. Dealer had me take pictures of the damage instead of dragging the machine to them to do the same thing.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I don't have KTAC, so you can disregard this if you like. (and I am not trying to be rude or a know-it-all)

That being said, EVEN if I did have KTAC, I would've done as others had suggested and a couple minutes with me and Mr. Mig and I'd be good to go. I can't stand the hassle of back n' forth, jumping through hoops, filling out paperwork and whatnot - then to get it to the dealer/whatever.

Much less hassle for me to weld it myself (and I am NOT a good welder, but it's an anti scalping wheel on a mower, so even if I did a cr@ppy job, it'd be "good enough" for mowing.

Now, if you and/or your buddies don't own a welder, it makes sense to do what you are doing.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Heard back from KTAC and they are cutting a check to cover the brush guard and mower deck. Didn't ask any questions on how it happened, just looked at the pictures and estimate from the dealer. Now to wait on parts to come in.

ve9aa, I hear you and if I had access to a welder I may have fixed it myself, but I don't and since I have been paying KTAC might as well get some of my $$$ back plus a get a nice shiny new mower deck to dirty up.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Ask for the old mower deck when dealer installs the new one.
I believe it’s been stated here that dealers are required to keep parts that are replaced under warranty, in case Kubota decides they want to have them sent back for examination or whatever…

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I believe it’s been stated here that dealers are required to keep parts that are replaced under warranty, in case Kubota decides they want to have them sent back for examination or whatever…
A very logical dealer/Kubota requirement.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I believe it was lugbolt that said that eventually dealers end up with so many parts to store that they have to dispose of some of them at some point. I want to think it was at least six months out, and may be a year before the dealer was comfortable disposing of items.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
KTAC claim is not a warranty repair. If you pay the deductable required by KTAC, old part belongs to you IMO. In my case SSQA badly damaged. I asked for damaged part back, dealer agreed and gave me the part. I had welder repair damaged SSQA (cut out and replaced damaged tube and replaced with solid hydraulic ram of same diameter). I may never need it but I now have a spare SSQA. They were on nationwide back order for 1055 series loaders. I sent photo's of repaired SSQA to service manager a few weeks later he contacted me and asked if I wanted to sell the repaired SSQA.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users