Kabota B3350

Bryston

Jun 11, 2024
Canada
Hi,
Looking to buy a used B3350 with cab, am looking at a used with 850h, looks in a gods condition, it is 2016.
I never owned any tractor before. Going to use at the summer place, looking for gravel, spreading and digging drainages ditches.
Comes with a backhoe.
Is this considered high hours. I read about the regen issue. Was told that kebota will cover under warranty.
This was one owner machine. I’m buying it through a Kabota dealer.
Thanks

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
What location are you in?

The B3350 obviously has that regen issue as you note. I think if you're in a warm climate it may be worth the risk, presuming that it comes at a reasonably heavy discount. If you're in a cold climate, I think you'd be better going with a B2650. None of the things you describe need any more HP than a B2650 would provide, and it avoids the issue entirely. Even though there's a warranty, there are stories of the machine being offline for weeks at a time while they fix it. No reason to take that risk unless you get an awesome price.

On hours - 850 hours isn't very many in 8 years. That's 100 hours a year, or 2 hours a week. It has a lot of life left in it if the condition is good - a B should go 4000 hours plus before you get any real concerns that it might start having things wear out.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Any happy kubota B3350 owners?
@SDT is a member here on OTT.

He has a B3350 and is very well versed on the issues and warranty ramifications.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hi,
Looking to buy a used B3350 with cab, am looking at a used with 850h, looks in a gods condition, it is 2016.
I never owned any tractor before. Going to use at the summer place, looking for gravel, spreading and digging drainages ditches.
Comes with a backhoe.
Is this considered high hours. I read about the regen issue. Was told that kebota will cover under warranty.
Thanks
See if you can find a B2650 with the BH77 backhoe. No DPF at all. The B2650 lower HP won't affect your use case unless there's some heavy ground-engaging and/or PTO attachments.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi,
Comes with a backhoe.
Thanks
As previously stated, the B3350, especially the early ones, had regeneration issues. Accordingly, all 3350s have a poor reputation and are nearly always sold with a heavy discount.

Over the model run, Kubota worked out most of the regeneration issues but even the latest models are NOT tolerant of operators who do not follow the operation procedures PRECISELY.

I bought a new 3350 in 2018 and immediately had issues that were covered under warranty but with inconveniences. This spring, I sold it with my farm.

Should you buy one, I strongly recommend that you read, read, and re-read the regeneration procedures in the Operator's Manual and follow the procedures PRECISELY. In particular, keep the engine RPM high and DO NOT shut down the engine while it is performing a regeneration operation.

Yes, Kubota finally instituted a so-called "lifetime emissions warranty" covering the reformer and anything else damaged by a failed reformer. This "warranty" is transferrable to subsequent owners, but it DOES NOT cover operator error. Note: This "warranty" is a non-publicized Kubota policy, and owners are not notified of the coverage.

850 hours is not considered high hours, and successful accumulation of such hours can be considered a positive for a B3350, as so many of (especially) the early ones have accumulated far fewer hours, likely due to repetitive issues resulting in frustration sales.

Caveat emptor.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users