Just installed new BX2751 quick hitch to my BX2230. Question on color port for hook up.

volliefd

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL
Dec 31, 2023
Belleville, MI
Ok, I just built up and installed my new bx2751 quick hitch for a new to me tg2754. Everything went good until I got to the hydraulic hook ups, The color rings that came with the hitch are red and blue, but those ports are for the fel dump, not the yellow and white up and down. Did kubota screw up and send the wrong color rings in the kit? It seems silly to hook up red to and blue.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There is no rhyme or reason for the ring colors. I buy spares from my Kubota dealer and color-coordinate them onto the lines that require identification to match up to my tractor. The only difference in the rings through the years is that they now have less material to them. Originally they were 3 windings of plastic and now they are two.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep, you do want the White/yellow pair. Otherwise you won’t be able to float the implement.

Pretty sure the blue goes on the white, red goes on the yellow. Like @DustyRusty said, can barely see it because it's just one or two wraps, but there's the blue winding on the white coupler on my tractor.

IMG_6720.jpeg

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yep, you do want the White/yellow pair. Otherwise you won’t be able to float the implement.

Pretty sure the blue goes on the white, red goes on the yellow. Like @DustyRusty said, can barely see it because it's just one or two wraps, but there's the blue winding on the white coupler on my tractor.

View attachment 125822
Why wouldn't the ring color and the cap color be the same? I will admit that I never noticed a color ring under any lines on the tractor, but items like my snowblower do have color rings on the hoses. Unfortunately, they are the wrong color to match the color caps, and I was planning on changing them when the new rings arrived by mail, but the timing was wrong. Now I will be doing the color change next fall when the snowblower goes back on the machine.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Why wouldn't the ring color and the cap color be the same? I will admit that I never noticed a color ring under any lines on the tractor, but items like my snowblower do have color rings on the hoses. Unfortunately, they are the wrong color to match the color caps, and I was planning on changing them when the new rings arrived by mail, but the timing was wrong. Now I will be doing the color change next fall when the snowblower goes back on the machine.
That's baffled me as well.

To save some $$, I bought the snowblower and front hitch in crates/boxes in 2013 and assembled myself.

I remember putting those red/blue wraps on the hoses and couplers back then, and wondered why they weren't white/yellow.

Only guessed the hitch parts might fit other color tractors, so they had no allegiance to the Kubota colors. Don't if that's the case either.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Originally I bought an assortment of colored electrical tape and a couple of wraps of tape identified what hose went where. Eventually, the tape started to come loose, so I resorted to the color rings.