Just bought this L3400

Rick1987

Jul 18, 2017
Ma
I came home yesterday with a 2010 L3400. So far I love it.

I have 7 acre's, 5 1/2 of which is covered in woods/overgrowth.

My fiance wants to get married in our backyard, so I have a lot of work clearing and getting the backyard "wedding ready".

Tomorrow I should have a ratchet rake delivered.

Let me see if I can add pics

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
She is already on me about a summer party
Rick -

You do realize that doesn't get any better after the wedding, right?!?:eek::(;)

Take it from 28 years of experience........:eek:

Just sayin'.....:cool:;)

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Any excuse to get a tractor is a good excuse.

Rick1987

Jul 18, 2017
Ma
She already recommend a bush hog. But I might be after a finish mower.

Although, I was trying to decide between a cab or a backhoe, I'm so glad I got the backhoe. I use it 80% of the time. So I'm not even sure if I would want to remove it! Haha
At least it looks pretty simple to put on and off.

A couple things about the tractor.
I noticed the seat belt doesn't latch. I sprayed some pb blaster in it, but it still doesn't work, anyone else have an issue? Should I just try eBay?

And what's the trick for leveling the ground? Is it just practice?

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
That backhoe will prove to be the most valuable thing you can have for clearing and maintaining property. My place was getting pretty bad since my Dad sold his cows, but now it's getting closer to what it was during my childhood.

Rick1987

Jul 18, 2017
Ma
That backhoe will prove to be the most valuable thing you can have for clearing and maintaining property. My place was getting pretty bad since my Dad sold his cows, but now it's getting closer to what it was during my childhood.
I was seriously considering getting a cab over the backhoe, only because I heard people mention the backhoe just sits and they don't use it.

I use the backhoe for probably 75% of work.

I'm so glad I picked the hoe.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Dug up a pretty big stump
First off, congrats on the new tractor, and more so to find a fiancee that supports the tractor decision/addiction. I married one that agreed that I needed a tractor also :)

Now down to business. In your second photo of the large stump, there is a large rock. Not sure if you can hook it and pull it out with your hoe. But eventually you'll come across one that is just too big, my suggestion is to dig a deeper hole beside it and roll it in. I've come across 3 or 4 so far that were half the size of my tractor. A little tricky digging to undermine one side but they're about 3 feet deeper now. I figure by the time the frost pushes them back up to the surface I'll be 6 feet under. Now the big one I've dug is about the same size as the tractor, I've dug as deep as I can all the way around it. It's flooded full of water and now looks like a moat around it. I pick at it once in awhile but still can't get it to budge.

That's about the time the wife looks at me and asks what's up with all the holes in the back yard?

The sad thing is, I haven't ventured in to the back 8 acres with the tractor yet. It's amazing what you can get into with a full-sized Tonka toy. Lol!

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
She already recommend a bush hog. But I might be after a finish mower.

Although, I was trying to decide between a cab or a backhoe, I'm so glad I got the backhoe. I use it 80% of the time. So I'm not even sure if I would want to remove it! Haha
At least it looks pretty simple to put on and off.

A couple things about the tractor.
I noticed the seat belt doesn't latch. I sprayed some pb blaster in it, but it still doesn't work, anyone else have an issue? Should I just try eBay?

And what's the trick for leveling the ground? Is it just practice?
Look at a Flail mower as long your not trying to chop down 1 inch trees it will give you a good in between bush hog and finish cut.

Rick1987

Jul 18, 2017
Ma
First off, congrats on the new tractor, and more so to find a fiancee that supports the tractor decision/addiction. I married one that agreed that I needed a tractor also :)

Now down to business. In your second photo of the large stump, there is a large rock. Not sure if you can hook it and pull it out with your hoe. But eventually you'll come across one that is just too big, my suggestion is to dig a deeper hole beside it and roll it in. I've come across 3 or 4 so far that were half the size of my tractor. A little tricky digging to undermine one side but they're about 3 feet deeper now. I figure by the time the frost pushes them back up to the surface I'll be 6 feet under. Now the big one I've dug is about the same size as the tractor, I've dug as deep as I can all the way around it. It's flooded full of water and now looks like a moat around it. I pick at it once in awhile but still can't get it to budge.

That's about the time the wife looks at me and asks what's up with all the holes in the back yard?

The sad thing is, I haven't ventured in to the back 8 acres with the tractor yet. It's amazing what you can get into with a full-sized Tonka toy. Lol!

That's exactly what I did. I've had a couple large trees grow on top of boulders. The tree wouldn't budge until I moved the rock.

Attachments

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Had the same issue. Pried the latch apart and cleaned it up. A little WD and working it got it functioning again. Had to wrap the casing with tape to hold the plastic together but works fine. I wear it every time I'm on it.