Just a note on all B2781/2782 series snow blowers

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Keep an eye on the tightness of the four 5/8" bolts that attach the female hitch to the blower body. They have lock washers but all of mine have worked loose, especially the bottom pair. My bottom left bolt vanished completely one day, and the bottom right was also rattling loose!

I found a temp bolt to refasten the hitch frame and check the torque regularly. I supposed some locktite would help? The metal gets a film of chain oil unavoidably so might that make threadlock compound useless?

BTW found the original bolt on the driveway gravel this spring. Nice to replace the ugly temp bolt.

#20 and their opposite pair:
Screenshot from 2022-11-11 23-32-48.png

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I finally starting using 'nylock' nuts (ones with nylon inside ) to replace the normal nuts in addition to lock washers.
I also put a flat washer under the bolt head..something a machinest showed me decades ago...

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
NY-lock nuts like mentioned are a good way to go , You can also put a regular nut on , torque it down & then put a ny-lock against the regular nut & tighten it against the first nut while holding the first nut .
Double nuts do a good job of holding things , if you want to go the extra mile a few drops of blue locktite . You can use red locktite , but you will need a torch to remove the nut's/ bolt's iv you ever need to . Make sure that the bolt's / nut's are very clean before using locktite .
animals45

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
NY-lock nuts like mentioned are a good way to go , You can also put a regular nut on , torque it down & then put a ny-lock against the regular nut & tighten it against the first nut while holding the first nut .
Double nuts do a good job of holding things , if you want to go the extra mile a few drops of blue locktite . You can use red locktite , but you will need a torch to remove the nut's/ bolt's iv you ever need to . Make sure that the bolt's / nut's are very clean before using locktite .
animals45
Thx for the suggesstions. Two of the bolts attach to a nut welded inside the box, so double nutting very doubtful. Blue locktite on clean metal a good start! The bottom 2 would need a bit longer bolts to add a nut so doable. Just keeping an eye for now.