Interesting report released by Congress subcommitte

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Senate subcommittee has released their report on SARS-COVID-2 origin (report linked above).

Here is a couple of quotes from the report:

Basis for Assessment that Research-Related Incident is More Likely Origin of SARS-CoV-2

Nearly three years after the COVID-19 pandemic began, substantial evidence demonstrating that the COVID-19 pandemic was the result of a research-related incident has emerged. A research-related incident is consistent with the early epidemiology showing rapid spread of the virus in Wuhan, with the earliest calls for assistance being located in the near the WIV’s original campus in central Wuhan.207 It also explains the low genetic diversity of the earliest known SARS-CoV-2 human infections in Wuhan, because the likely index case, would be an infected researcher, is the likely primary source of the virus in Wuhan.208 A research-related incident also explains the failure to find an intermediate host as well as the failure to find any animal infections pre-dating human COVID-19 cases.209

Conclusion

As noted by the WHO Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins of Novel Pathogens, the COVID19 Lancet Commission, and the U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence 90-Day Assessment on the COVID-19 Origins, more information is needed to arrive at a more precise, if not a definitive, understanding of the origins of SARS-CoV-2 and how the COVID-19 pandemic began.225 Governments, leaders, public health officials, and scientists involved in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and working to prevent future pandemics, must commit to greater transparency, engagement, and responsibility in their efforts. Based on the analysis of the publicly available information, it appears reasonable to conclude that the COVID-19 pandemic was, more likely than not, the result of a research-related incident. New information, made publicly available and independently verifiable, could change this assessment. However, the hypothesis of a natural zoonotic origin no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt, or the presumption of accuracy. The following are critical outstanding questions that would need to be addressed to be able to more definitively conclude the origins of SARS-CoV-2:  What is the intermediate host species for SARS-CoV-2? Where did it first infect humans?  Where is SARS-CoV-2’s viral reservoir?  How did SARS-CoV-2 acquire its unique genetic features, such as its furin cleavage site? Advocates of a zoonotic origin theory must provide clear and convincing evidence that a natural zoonotic spillover is the source of the pandemic, as was demonstrated for the 2002-2004 SARS outbreak. In other words, there needs to be verifiable evidence that a natural zoonotic spillover actually occurred, not simply that such a spillover could have occurred.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Another conspiracy theory turned out to be fact. At least the next plandemic is going to be Made in U.S.A....see the latest gain of function news out of Boston University where they crossed the original C-19 with the Omicron variety and the resultant virus has an 80% efficacy rate on lab mice. Most likely to be released about a year from now right on time to cancel the 2024 presidential election.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Another conspiracy theory turned out to be fact. At least the next plandemic is going to be Made in U.S.A....see the latest gain of function news out of Boston University where they crossed the original C-19 with the Omicron variety and the resultant virus has an 80% efficacy rate on lab mice. Most likely to be released about a year from now right on time to cancel the 2024 presidential election.
I'm only quoting you to save this post to see if you are right. 😆

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
And there is other news out today uncovering collusion between big tech and govt to quiet dissenting opinions about covid and other issues using the "disinfo" method.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I read that whole thing and it is an embarrassment to science. I see no conclusions and a lot of double talk. If I ever presented a paper with this much BS and so little fact I would have been fired. All they say is that they really do not know,

Reactions: 2 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I read that whole thing and it is an embarrassment to science. I see no conclusions and a lot of double talk. If I ever presented a paper with this much BS and so little fact I would have been fired. All they say is that they really do not know,
Your expecting a Congressman/women to actually use science & logic . Not actually saying anything understandable let's them claim later if it all goes to hell they were given bad info.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Probably not a peer reviewed paper.