Initial thoughts of Land Pride Grapple for BX25

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
On Thursday I bought the Land Pride grapple + 3rd function kit for the BX25.

Some initial thoughts:

Installation:
1. The instructions say to mount the electronic switch in front of the HST pedal and both the hydraulic lines to the left of the bracket. I did not find this possible. I had the lines going around the bracket.

2. The electronic switch was probably not meant for a BX25 with the brake on the right side. The brake hits the switch. I found I could rotate it to a very small area and it would not interfere with anything.

3. One of the hydraulic hoses is a bit too short. The short one goes to the power beyond flange. Because it was too short it would pull on the fitting and the fitting would work it's way loose. I lost quite a bit of hydraulic fluid this way and even went under and re-tightened twice. What ended up solving it? I routed the hydraulic line in the same hole that the brake pedal is in. The pedal never makes it all the way to the bottom so it should not interfere. This allows me about 3 more inches of play for the hose which is perfect.

4. There is a hose holder bracket that is supposed to on the front of the loader. In their picture they show the bracket close to the front end of the lift arms. This should NOT be the way you install it. If you have the hydraulics in the bracket they will kink. If you decide to use this bracket the hydraulic holder should be towards the rear of the tractor which will give you more room. I noticed that after 2 days of use the bracket was starting to wear down the hydraulics so I pulled them out and I doubt I will use them again.

Notice the bracket. Put the clasp part of the bracket closer to the back of the tractor rather than the front.

This is what happens when the clasp is towards the front of the tractor and you curl the grapple.

At this point I'm not even routing the hydraulic lines in the bracket at all.

Use:
This thing is awesome. I use it both for picking up large brush, logs, sometimes full trees. It has made work so much faster.

I've also used it to clean up low ground cover, the starting of vines etc.

I have also used it to pull small roots by running the grapple under ground and lifting up.

I have also used it to pull up large roots of larger stumps which makes it much easier to push a stump over and out.

I've already bent one of the blades by hitting a rock under ground. I wish there was a bit more support up front. Perhaps a horizontal cross beam welded closer to the tips of each blade.

Overall:
It did take some tinkering to get it function 100%
I would buy again but it was damn expensive.
I paid $1950 locally for the grapple + hydraulic kit + Kubota quick hitch

I will take pics and post up in a bit. Need to shower.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a really good looking unit, I want the same thing for my L3450.
I have alot of brush and logs I need to work with.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
I've "NEVER" spent better money on anything in my life. Not even my divorce. This combo is the greatest. With your 34 you won't believe what you could do. I'm moving big rocks. I mean big ones. I'll post some pics here soon.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Here's a few pictures. I pulled two large stumps tonight just before dark. Ones a cedar and ones a poplar. By pulled of course I am referring to using the grapple. It "digs" under the root ball beautifully. Then, when you feel you have enough of the roots broke, simply pull up to the stump with grapple open, push the bottom teeth into the stump, close grapple, and. "Pop"!

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wildfire...

AWESOME job on the cover!!! I am in awe!!! Its fun to watch a craftsman doodle something simple like a "cover" into a work of art.

How did you wife do the graphics?

"Howsaboot" we trade some of our Arizona summer heat for your winter cool? It should average out about 70 degrees? :)

Keep 'em coming!

PS -What camera are you using?

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Just another note:

I managed to bend one of the fold-down storage arms somehow.
I had them down and was using it. When I went to go fold them back up I think I had bent one of them slightly and it took a little massaging with a hammer to bend it back so that it would function again.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Wildfire...

AWESOME job on the cover!!! I am in awe!!! Its fun to watch a craftsman doodle something simple like a "cover" into a work of art.

How did you wife do the graphics?

"Howsaboot" we trade some of our Arizona summer heat for your winter cool? It should average out about 70 degrees? :)

Keep 'em coming!

PS -What camera are you using?
Thank you. Not sure about the Craftsman part though. It's just what I do.
I think the cover cleans things up a bit. Gives it a more polished finished look while keeping the solenoid protected. My wife has been designing our graphics for a few years now. She does them for our customers as well as looking after all our graphic needs in our shop. It just got to the point that we needed them so often and on a right away type of deadline we decided to do them ourselves.
Her room is kinda like NASA control. Plotter, cutters, computers... She's very good at it and takes great pride in her work.

Cameras. Well we use at least four. We have two POV cameras. They are made by Drift Innovation.
The rest are all Sony. One (the video camera) has a built in 100 GB hard drive that also takes a flash card for extra storage if need be.

Oh I don't like the heat. It was terrible here in July and now it's cooled down again. The way we like it ;)

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Hmmmm. I've not had that problem. But, the teeth on yours appear much longer and thinner than mine as well. If you can get them to be straight across the bottom, I'd think you'd be ok to use as is?

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Things are not going well with my grapple.

Yesterday I noticed that I too have one where the welds broke. I called my tractor dealer and he said he'd give Land Pride a call on Monday.

Someone is having a similar problem here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16030&page=7

Looking at those welds don't look great.
The welds holding the bracket to the square tubing are only on one side. No wonder they ripped.

Last edited: