Improved stabilizers

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Threaded on one end.. yes, that's what I'm asking. Mine are and there are some situations where just a little tighter or looser is needed.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Threaded on one end.. yes, that's what I'm asking. Mine are and there are some situations where just a little tighter or looser is needed.
Mine are not threaded, unless the customer orders them that way. In standard form (on my B7100), I don't have but maybe a half inch or so travel side to side with pins in place. On my B7100, it isn't good to have the stabilizers tight when the implement is low- when raised up, the arc of the stabilizers is a little different that the lift arms, and if the stabilizers are adjusted tight down low, they get REAL tight as you get near the top. So, I haven't found a need to have a threaded end. Others might, and I can make them to accomodate that.

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Good reason for improved stabilizers

Hi Hodge:
Do you happen to have a photo of these stabilizers in place, on your tractor? I'm tired of fighting with my turnbuckles but am unwilling to spend the big bucks to get adjustable stabilizers from Kubota. I've got a 2007 B7800 and struggle to attach my Landpride 5' finish mower and New Idea 5' brush hog.
Thanks.
David

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Re: Good reason for improved stabilizers

Hi Hodge:
Do you happen to have a photo of these stabilizers in place, on your tractor? I'm tired of fighting with my turnbuckles but am unwilling to spend the big bucks to get adjustable stabilizers from Kubota. I've got a 2007 B7800 and struggle to attach my Landpride 5' finish mower and New Idea 5' brush hog.
Thanks.
David
David, the photo on my website is a medium set on my B7100. PM me your email address, and I will send you a photo of a large set for a B7800.

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
Yeap I have ordered a set from Mark and am so tired of wresting with the turnbuckles. I have to unbolt the nut from the lower lift arm and when I get Mark's new ones me and the tractor will be happy. I have a B7500 so getting the medium size.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Yeap I have ordered a set from Mark and am so tired of wresting with the turnbuckles. I have to unbolt the nut from the lower lift arm and when I get Mark's new ones me and the tractor will be happy. I have a B7500 so getting the medium size.
I'll being building them tomorrow.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Just got my set in the mail today from Hodge. Definitely quality built and professionally welded! Thanks Hodge!

40Farmall

Equipment
L2350DT, B1750, Ford 3930
Sep 17, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Are you still making these? I spent the afternoon going through the 3pt hitch of the tractor I just bought and mine are all bound up. Looks like you have the best solution available!

Mine are on the outside of the lift arms so that might change your geometry. I can even send you my current set or post pictures. Let me know, thanks.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
In another post that is current I think I read he is taking some time off to care for a loved one that is having health issues and want to let folks know.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I will give an update. I closed down the webpage so that I could gain some control of the orders coming in. I needed to gain that control because I have other responsibilities besides the stabilizers, and I was having a hard time keeping up with everything. I am a youth pastor, and my father and daughter run a horse farm here at the house. My father is getting up in age, and while his body is slowing down, his mind still goes a zillion miles an hour. So, I spend a fair amount of time helping him- tomorrow is one example. I really needed to be building stabilizers (I'm still catching up on orders), but he needs help picking up some hams. He likes to cure them. He hurt his hand last week, and can't go pick them up (or prep them) by himself. So, I'm going with him.
So, to answer your question 40Farmall, I am still building them. I need to fulfill the current list of orders before I can take more, though. It would be the first of March before I could build them. You can private message me, or email me at markhdg@gmail.com, and we can discuss them.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Forgive me for asking a dumb question but what is the point of these over the adjustable one with the turn buckle???
Skeets they're the slickest time savers eliminating a bunch of grief and aggravation adjust or hooking up implements. No more fighting rusted up
turn buckles simply pull the pin and move it where you want from simply swinging it out to pin up to actual width adjustment.
My B3030 had them from the factory otherwise they'd be replaced, amd mine's double good because it has the pivoting extending ends on the 3pt too. Thinking about it for my Belarus but since I haven't used it much the last couple years haven't had to fight those pos turnbuckles..out of sight out of mind.
Al

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I have to say, they are slick. Thinking on building a set for my L1501, but not sure what i need to make them work. Would buy them but across border shoppng isnt really my thing.

ldembowski

Aug 1, 2016
Fultondale
I sell the smaller set, for compact tractors, for $110 plus $11 if they want them shipped, and $130 for the large set, with the same for shipping. They come primed and painted, with hardware.
I'm new to this site and have just registered. I'm interested in a set of your stabilizer arms for a Kubota B7100. How can I get in touch with you to work out details? My phone is (205) 607-7252. Just call or send me a text and let me know. Thanks, Lee

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I'm new to this site and have just registered. I'm interested in a set of your stabilizer arms for a Kubota B7100. How can I get in touch with you to work out details? My phone is (205) 607-7252. Just call or send me a text and let me know. Thanks, Lee
I wouldn't post your phone number to the world on a web site. Especially in a format that a robot can pick up. You might want to edit it out. You can send Hodges a pm (private message) and then you know he will see it.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I wouldn't post your phone number to the world on a web site. Especially in a format that a robot can pick up. You might want to edit it out. You can send Hodges a pm (private message) and then you know he will see it.
Yep- private message me, and we can discuss your needs.