I traded my bx23s for a b2301

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
I'm surprised at how well these machines hold value. My bx23s was 2yo with 250h. I just traded it in today for a B2501. I got the 54" loader, the backhoe with thumb and a rear blade for winter.

I hope it's worth it though. To be honest, I didn't need a bigger tractor. I just wanted to buy a bigger one because it would be more fun. But I was first going for a L2501. When I sat on it I realized that although this machine would be a lot of fun, it would be way too big for my 1 acre lot.
So i decided to go with the B2301. It definitely won't be as powerful as the L, but I hope I will feel the difference.

So anyway, that was just a rant :)
But does anyone have any suggestion as to whether I should get the 60" loader instead of 54? I will often work with clay and gravel.

Reactions: 1 users

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
That's awesome awesome

60 inch bucket I would go with if mostly doing mulch / snow light stuff.

54" definitely for dirt work.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That's awesome awesome

60 inch bucket I would go with if mostly doing mulch / snow light stuff.

54" definitely for dirt work.
I'm surprised at how well these machines hold value. My bx23s was 2yo with 250h. I just traded it in today for a B2501. I got the 54" loader, the backhoe with thumb and a rear blade for winter.

I hope it's worth it though. To be honest, I didn't need a bigger tractor. I just wanted to buy a bigger one because it would be more fun. But I was first going for a L2501. When I sat on it I realized that although this machine would be a lot of fun, it would be way too big for my 1 acre lot.
So i decided to go with the B2301. It definitely won't be as powerful as the L, but I hope I will feel the difference.

So anyway, that was just a rant :)
But does anyone have any suggestion as to whether I should get the 60" loader instead of 54? I will often work with clay and gravel.
I assume you mean traded in the BX23S on the new tractor and not an even trade...

With one acre I probably would have been happy with the BX...but cannot argue with your logic. I bought a B2910 when I had an acre and a half. But now have 8 acres. And a BX2200 for mowing and other duties.

Get the 54" bucket. That is what I decided on for my B2910 after originally ordering a 60" bucket. Bigger is not always better!

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
Yes, it wasn't an even trade. The bx23s trade covered the bare B2301 exactly. But the backhoe, loader and blade are extra money I had to spend.

I don't mow the lawn with it. For the size of land I have, it's not worth it. I mean, a small tractor-mower costs half the price of the PTO mower for my big tractor. If I had 4 acres to mow then that would the cost would be worth it.

So it sounds like it's a good idea to stick with the 54" bucket. Thanks.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I am on a small wooded 3 acres here, I bought the 2601 because I felt like it not because I needed it, the BX was perfectly sufficient for the jobs, I don't even cut my own grass. While waiting for delivery I became nervous I bought too big of a machine. The 2601 fits in perfectly, and I quickly came to appreciate its additional capacities. I think you will soon wonder how you ever got by with a bx!! ;):)

Now i ask myself why I didnt get a 2650 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Yes, it wasn't an even trade. The bx23s trade covered the bare B2301 exactly. But the backhoe, loader and blade are extra money I had to spend.

I don't mow the lawn with it. For the size of land I have, it's not worth it. I mean, a small tractor-mower costs half the price of the PTO mower for my big tractor. If I had 4 acres to mow then that would the cost would be worth it.

So it sounds like it's a good idea to stick with the 54" bucket. Thanks.
My limited experience is that it is important to have a bucket equal to or slightly wider than the width of the rear tires. More than that can be a negative, unless you need to move more material with each bucket load.

Best second thing I did was get a tooth bar. Mine is a heavy duty one...I think actually made for a skid steer. Adds great strength to the bucket lip.