I think I overpaid

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I took delivery of my new L6060 in December after ordering it in July. Got FEL, forks, cab, chains, loaded tires, defroster, upgraded alternator, commercial front snowblower., 3rd function, rear remote. Paid $83k. Financed at 0% for 4 years. Expensive... yes. But it has served me well, will help me develop my land, clear my road, etc and will be the last tractor I ever buy. So IMHO, amortized over the rest of my life, well worth it. I think you'll find the same. Good luck with your machine.

Reactions: 1 user

Simzick

Equipment
B2601HSD/LA435 with loader/SGC0554
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
I took delivery of my new L6060 in December after ordering it in July. Got FEL, forks, cab, chains, loaded tires, defroster, upgraded alternator, commercial front snowblower., 3rd function, rear remote. Paid $83k. Financed at 0% for 4 years. Expensive... yes. But it has served me well, will help me develop my land, clear my road, etc and will be the last tractor I ever buy. So IMHO, amortized over the rest of my life, well worth it. I think you'll find the same. Good luck with your machine.
That's a whole lot of tractor wow!

Luckily I'm in Florida and have also never seen snow in my life lol.

You definitely needed all those add ones including the heated cab.

Good luck with yours as well and thanks for the kind words

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
OP…enjoy your tractor. You got what you wanted and made a decision that works for you….enough said.

Now, as far as that neighbor is concerned…I would politely and firmly let him know when he comes to borrow it, have you help him or anything else he wants from you…that you are sorry but have plans and he can go rent one…

Reactions: 1 users

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
When you analyze what you want, need and what you pay for it is your business. What others think about your choices is irrelevant. My advise would be to determine now you will not loan your tractor to anyone with the only exception is if you are operating it, including family members. Learn safety practices with the loader, keep it as low as possible all the time. Watch some YouTube videos to learn.
I don't think I could ever let it out of my site other than leaving for work.

Not a bad gig to barter some beers for some AG work

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I've never regretted my B2601, also bought new. Upgrade from a very beat up BX, I fretted about it for about 3 years before finally doing it. It cost a bit more than my car did. But that car is gone, and the next one too, and the tractor is still worth what I paid for it.

Personally, I don't tell people what I paid. It's none of their business. I say things like "I got a good discount" and leave them wondering. My money, my tractor.

Your neighbour sounds like a bit of a wally, but probably thought he was making a joke. Some people have no social skills nor awareness. He might be an OK guy who just didn't think. Unless he's actually a total idiot, I'd just pretend it didn't happen and move on. You do have to get on OK with your neighbours to function in life.

Reactions: 2 users

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
I've never regretted my B2601, also bought new. Upgrade from a very beat up BX, I fretted about it for about 3 years before finally doing it. It cost a bit more than my car did. But that car is gone, and the next one too, and the tractor is still worth what I paid for it.

Personally, I don't tell people what I paid. It's none of their business. I say things like "I got a good discount" and leave them wondering. My money, my tractor.

Your neighbour sounds like a bit of a wally, but probably thought he was making a joke. Some people have no social skills nor awareness. He might be an OK guy who just didn't think. Unless he's actually a total idiot, I'd just pretend it didn't happen and move on. You do have to get on OK with your neighbours to function in life.
It was a casual conversation like we always have but no he said it very seriously.

And I'm a very transparent person so I have nothing to hide with what I paid.

Neighbors where I live are crucial due to the rural environment and large acreage so I can't stay mad I just wanted to know if I overpaid for this b2601 that's all.

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
That's a whole lot of tractor wow!

Luckily I'm in Florida and have also never seen snow in my life lol.

You definitely needed all those add ones including the heated cab.

Good luck with yours as well and thanks for the kind words
Sim...... no worries. Happy to send you all the snow you want. You pay for shipping though.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It was a casual conversation like we always have but no he said it very seriously.

And I'm a very transparent person so I have nothing to hide with what I paid.

Neighbors where I live are crucial due to the rural environment and large acreage so I can't stay mad I just wanted to know if I overpaid for this b2601 that's all.
Sounds like your price is about the market rate, and when you finance at 0% you lose a bit of bargaining room. You're driving that tractor for 5 years on someone else's money, I'd say you got a pretty good deal. It'll never be cheaper than it was today, in 3 years time you'll be looking back amazed at the deal you got.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
You did good. Nice tractor. Your neighbor at some point will come crawling to either borrow or ask for help. Just tell him you never borrow expensive equipment but will gladly go help with your tractor T $1000 an hour. If he asks why so much, tell him you need to pay for your over priced tractor!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Chapel Hill Vann

Equipment
B2601, bush hog, pallet forks, boom pole, scraper blade
May 1, 2022
Chapel Hill NC
You got a great tractor at a reasonable price. The tractor will make you smile long after the cost that bothers you has been forgotten.
I bought a B2601, FEL and pallet forks for $21,712 in April, 2022 and haven't looked back. It has done everything we needed on our 5 wooded acres. I went through 3 OLD tractors before I bought a new one and I;m so happy. It will outlive me by a long shot
I don't know the cost of the grapple or the 3rd function hydraulics, but the overall inflation of prices has made the cost what it is. Enjoy it, use it and take care of it. and it will probably outlive you, even at 30.

Gaspasser

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Interesting dilemma when someone asks to borrow a machine. Have a new neighbor who asked to borrow my excavator. He had arranged a rental for a week but then saw mine. I told him I would bring mine over one day but only if I operated it. Did not want to be unneighborly but past experience guided my refusal. I previously lent my first tractor to a "friend." He trailered it without properly securing it( noted on my security canera). He had it for over a week, broke seat mechanism, returned it filthy and low on fuel, and then I found out he lent it out to a third party.

Second concern is if someone gets hurt using your machine, there is liability potential. Inexperienced operators can flip or otherwise have a major accident causing serious injury/death. I don't want that on my conscious. Not to mention trashing expensive equipment. I know that just from my experience, even when I'm being as cautious as I know how to be, I occasionally have an " oh crap" moment. These episodes have become less frequent as I learn more, but I am aware I have much more to learn.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I just made the final payment on my B2650HSDC in May. I’ve gotten more done and had more fun in the past five years while making the payments that if you asked me exactly how much I paid, I can honestly say I don’t know, and more importantly I don’t care. It has done more for me in the past five years, again I don’t care how much it originally cost me.

I say don’t worry about what you paid if you got the tractor you wanted. Enjoy your new toy, and don’t look back.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Obviously, most things have gone up.

Looks to me that it's pretty good based on the Build My Kubota entries I put in. You don't say if you have sales tax in your area, but if you do, it's even better.

Donystoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
You did good and forget what the neighbor said.
I was talking to a distant relative that owns an excavation company last month. I told him that I had recently purchased a new Kubota and the first thing he says was " they are very expensive". He then proceeds to tell me of the cheap Chinese excavator that he bought and how his employees were ridiculing him for it.
When I bought my new LX2610 in 2022 I did not seriously consider any other brand due to the great reliability of my previous 1985 B7200 that I also purchased new. If you look after your new tractor, it should last you a long time and retain its value. When I sold my B7200 with attachments I got more than I had into it so I used it for free for almost 40 years.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yes, you got taken to the cleaners, unless you forgot to mention the elusive Kubota hat. If you go one of those in the deal, then you got a smoking hot deal. I spent a lot of money at Messicks and one day when I was there picking up a bunch of expensive parts I asked for a hat. I was told that they don't give hats away, they sell them. I bought an attachment from another Kubota dealer and asked for a hat, and he took one off the shelf and handed it to me.

texas42

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601
Nov 27, 2023
Aubrey, TX
I purchased the same tractor and similar equipment.
Your price is right in line with mine.
So we both paid too much or we both got a reasonable deal.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Did you get a free Kubota hat? :)
I paid $50,000 for my Kubota cap (and jacket), (and toque, but I'm a Canadian, eh?), and as I got up to leave the salesman asked if I'd like a free tractor and implements thrown in for free, you know, for being such a good customer and all...

The free caps 'n stuff thread is a good one, you got me going again lol...