I think I overpaid

Simzick

Equipment
B2601HSD/LA435 with loader/SGC0554
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
Just bought a new B2601 with a 54" bucket, LA435 loader and an SGC0554 grapple with 3rd valve kit installed.

Total out the door with 0% financing (60 months) and insurance was $28,427.

I was told by a neighbor I got absolutely robbed and he laughed and walked away.

Did I really just over pay that much?!?

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If you are happy with what you got I would not worry about it. Instead, spend your time reading the manual rather than listening to the neighbor or worrying about what they think. My guess is they would not help you pay for it regardless the price. So it really matters not.

I hope you had good experience with your dealer.

it’s just as well…this way the neighbor will understand why it would be so expensive if they ever ask to use/help them with it.

Congratulations on the new machine. 👍

Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just bought a new B2601 with a 54" bucket, LA435 loader and an SGC0554 grapple with 3rd valve kit installed.

Total out the door with 0% financing (60 months) and insurance was $28,427.

I was told by a neighbor I got absolutely robbed and he laughed and walked away.

Did I really just over pay that much?!?
Your neighbor sounds like a wanker. Personally I don't think you overpaid given the model, the grapple and KTAC insurance, but regardless, what matters is whether you think you overpaid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Nice setup. No you didn't overpay. In 2017 I was in the $25,000 range for a B2650 w/ssqa loader & pallet forks, BEFORE taxes, and with the added front hydraulics on your new unit the costs escalate fast.

Yes mine is a bit bigger tractor, LA534 loader, but 7 years ago was before covid prices kicked in.

You'll love it. Tick off all the boxes in the maintenance schedule and it will last and last.

Reactions: 3 users

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
If you are happy with what you got I would not worry about it. Instead, spend your time reading the manual rather than listening to the neighbor or worrying about what they think. My guess is they would not help you pay for it regardless the price. So it really matters not.

it’s just as well…this way the neighbor will understand why it would be so expensive if they ever ask to use/help them with it.

I've been reading it and learning all I can about the unit. Thank you for the advice 🙂

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida

The dealer was fine but the sales guy is an older gentleman and he seems to not want to be bothered. But they were the best price in my area

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Nope you did not overpay for that model and the extras. Your neighbor does not know the value of a Kubota. Worth every penny.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Once your neighbor sees all the work you're getting done around your property he'll probably be inviting you over to help out on his........lol

Reactions: 2 users

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
Once your neighbor sees all the work you're getting done around your property he'll probably be inviting you over to help out on his........lol
That's what is funny he immediately asked to borrow it before he knew the price and still said that to me and laughed in my face.

Reactions: 1 user

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
Nope you did not overpay for that model and the extras. Your neighbor does not know the value of a Kubota. Worth every penny.
I work overtime every week doing commercial HVAC/r. I'm 30 and have worked my absolute butt off for my 5 acre property and the things I have so when someone says I got robbed I just felt defeated. Thanks everyone for the replies and any advice

Reactions: 4 users

Sidekick

Equipment
RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I don't know what your sales tax rate is but it sounds like exactly what it should be with Kubotas recent price hikes. Too late to waste time thinking about it, just enjoy your new machine and wave every time you pass your neighbor with an ear to ear smile on your face.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That's what is funny he immediately asked to borrow it before he knew the price and still said that to me and laughed in my face.
No, you didn’t get robbed. As a bonus, sounds like he made loaning it to him or using it to help him a very easy decision.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you analyze what you want, need and what you pay for it is your business. What others think about your choices is irrelevant. My advise would be to determine now you will not loan your tractor to anyone with the only exception is if you are operating it, including family members. Learn safety practices with the loader, keep it as low as possible all the time. Watch some YouTube videos to learn.

MaineSpring

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7500HSD, RCK60-24 MMM, B2320 w/ LA304
Perhaps I should add a bit of perspective as one who is entering the Kubota world from the other direction. I have purchased my tractors in distressed condition, and am slowly learning what many who are wiser than I already knew: there is no such thing as a free lunch. A distressed machine requires knowledge, skill, parts, and time; all of which are limited commodities. It seems there is no end of work that needs done on them, and although I enjoy the projects at some point I need to work on something else. To add to the insult, my tractors look rough and don't always run very well.

Now if that process would be limited to just a couple of my tractors, all would be well. Maybe. But I've done that with nearly every asset I've purchased. After a while, stress builds and something has to give. I spend a lot of money on parts, and most of my stuff is never quite finished. Nor is it easy to take the time to do it right when it finally becomes critical enough to demand attention....

I work overtime every week doing commercial HVAC/r. I'm 30 and have worked my absolute butt off for my 5 acre property and the things I have so when someone says I got robbed I just felt defeated. Thanks everyone for the replies and any advice
If you tried to buy a machine costing significantly less, there is a high likelihood that you would have had to spend an equally significant amount of time tinkering, researching, buying parts, etc. Which is just what some folks like to do. Since you are already putting in lots of overtime, a needy tractor is not what you want to be faced with on the weekend when you have to get work done at home.

FWIW

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
Perhaps I should add a bit of perspective as one who is entering the Kubota world from the other direction. I have purchased my tractors in distressed condition, and am slowly learning what many who are wiser than I already knew: there is no such thing as a free lunch. A distressed machine requires knowledge, skill, parts, and time; all of which are limited commodities. It seems there is no end of work that needs done on them, and although I enjoy the projects at some point I need to work on something else. To add to the insult, my tractors look rough and don't always run very well.

Now if that process would be limited to just a couple of my tractors, all would be well. Maybe. But I've done that with nearly every asset I've purchased. After a while, stress builds and something has to give. I spend a lot of money on parts, and most of my stuff is never quite finished. Nor is it easy to take the time to do it right when it finally becomes critical enough to demand attention....

If you tried to buy a machine costing significantly less, there is a high likelihood that you would have had to spend an equally significant amount of time tinkering, researching, buying parts, etc. Which is just what some folks like to do. Since you are already putting in lots of overtime, a needy tractor is not what you want to be faced with on the weekend when you have to get work done at home.

FWIW
EXACTLY! That's why I went with Kubota and this model. I wanted something I wouldn't always have to fix.

Wow you guys were recommended by a buddy and you sure did cheere me up. Thank you everyone

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
EXACTLY! That's why I went with Kubota and this model. I wanted something I wouldn't always have to fix.

Wow you guys were recommended by a buddy and you sure did cheere me up. Thank you everyone
This is why I finally spring for my kit. Decades of making do working with often ancient equipment got me in a position where I could afford one, and boom. Time for that new tractor smell. Never regretted it once.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Like others, I think you did fine.

Your neighbor has no clue. I wouldn’t worry about his remarks.

Several years ago I kicked the tires on a B2601. Tractor/FEL - “about” $20k. Tractor/FEL/BH - “about” $27k.

That was close enough for me at the time. Didn’t include any options, setup fees, taxes, etc., and before multiple price increases.

You added grapple and third function, which is smart. Those are also a little pricey, but worth it.

I can easily see a $28k price tag for your tractor based on my limited shopping years ago.

If I were to buy another Kubota tomorrow it would likely be a B2601……

Enjoy your new tractor!! 👍

Simzick

Equipment
Jun 28, 2024
Florida
Like others, I think you did fine.

Your neighbor has no clue. I wouldn’t worry about his remarks.

Several years ago I kicked the tires on a B2601. Tractor/FEL - “about” $20k. Tractor/FEL/BH - “about” $27k.

That was close enough for me at the time. Didn’t include any options, setup fees, taxes, etc., and before multiple price increases.

You added grapple and third function, which is smart. Those are also a little pricey, but worth it.

I can easily see a $28k price tag for your tractor based on my limited shopping years ago.

If I were to buy another Kubota tomorrow it would likely be a B2601……

Enjoy your new tractor!! 👍
Yes I wanted to future proof this purchase. That's why I went with the b2601.

It has the center PTO which years from now if I wanted to sell I know I can hit a bigger market for those wanting that center mowing deck option.

I just got home, it's raining for the first time in 2 months but I got on that tractor and drove it around in the rain with a smile on my face lmao!

• Haha