I re-built a 7 foot Erskine V-Type Snowblower.

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

I re-built a 7 foot, 3 PTH, Erskine V-Type Snowblower. Since I bought my B7800 last spring I have not had a use for my TEA-20 Ferguson so I gave it to my Son who lives West of me on a acreage. I have a 6 foot V-Type blower for the Kubota so last fall I set about looking for another one to match up with the Fergie. I found a 7 foot Erskine, Cat 1 & 2, 3 PTH at Grand Forks ND. I picked it up in October and finished it the first week of February. It is now blowing snow on ½ mile of driveway / private road out to the highway. Blows snow very well.

Here are three videos covering the re-build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13Z_AwqVwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5H_FadHRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9JznKpW9U

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Never seen one of those blowers before, like to see a video of it in action!

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Never seen one of those blowers before, like to see a video of it in action!

The last 2 minutes of the third video shows it in action. Go to my youtube channel, greathodgy22, there are 7 or 8 videos on there of my 6 foot blower behind the TEA-20.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
That is really nice, terrific job refurbishing it, love the casters, need some for mine (whoever heard of the ground not being frozen in Feb in Michigan?) . You can look where you are going and still have a loader or something in the front, or nothing.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Great video of your restore.

There has been blowers like that where you back into the snow. I like the concept of not having a chain, sheer bolts, bearings to run an auger.

I would prefer the back up style here as we tend to get more snow at a time, maybe less often..

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That is really nice, terrific job refurbishing it, love the casters, need some for mine (whoever heard of the ground not being frozen in Feb in Michigan?) . You can look where you are going and still have a loader or something in the front, or nothing.
Last time I walked the pup and got muddy shoes, it wasn't....lol It will be tonight however. Supposed to get down to 9. Maybe winter has arrived... In February.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Great video of your restore.

There has been blowers like that where you back into the snow. I like the concept of not having a chain, sheer bolts, bearings to run an auger.

I would prefer the back up style here as we tend to get more snow at a time, maybe less often..

My 6 foot blower on the B7800 is one of the V-Type blowers that you can drive forward or re-position the 3 point and back into the snow, it does not work well that way. Over the years I have owned 5 of the V-Type and one two stage with the auger that you back into the snow. The problem with backing up is the contortions you put your body through to monitor where you are going.

I blow snow on 10 driveways here in the Foothills with one of them being a 2/3 mile trail through the bush and up two hills to get to the yard. The V-Type really shines in that situation as I just drive forward through the snow and blow left or right. The blower moves snow better to the right as that is the way the PTO turns and is not working against the chute when moving the snow. The V cutting edge does a nice job of cutting any ridges on the driveway and leaves a nice finish.

Depending on the type of snow it handles up to 2 feet with not much problem driving forward through the snow. You can always pick-up the cutting edge a bit and take a top cut. When the snow is 3 feet or higher you just back into the drift and pull it down while blowing. Once you have a path through you just keep paring into the bank on each side until you are done.

Here is a video of me opening up a driveway in March that had not been used all winter. The grader had filled in the driveway each time they did the road so this snow was packed, frozen and hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkc0zfXiuc