I have a 2015 L3100 HST Kubota tractor. The engine warning light and sound warning stay on after:

roscoe t

Equipment
L3100 HST tractor
Jan 19, 2021
austin tx
My tractor:
2015 L3100 HST Kubota
Regen sound alert started. I did a manual regen process which continued over 45 minutes. Then the tractor was turned off and restarted. Tried to use the auto regen by pushing the associated light but the light did not come on and the tractor did not go thru the process (regen). pulled the light out of the dash and found it disconnected, reconnected it, put it back in the dash and turned it on and the auto regen worked but when the rpms reduced automatically the sound (beep) did not stop and the engine warning light was on. disconnected the positive battery cable overnight and when it was reconnected the same problem was still in effect. Wondering what to try next.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Roscoe, welcome! Got some questions first. I’m not familiar with an L3100, is it a tractor or is there any chance you are misremembering the number?

If you were hearing a beeper it means you MAY have missed the opportunity to do an auto regen, which might still be the reason you could not get it to start later.

Second the frequency of the beeping tells which soot level you are at. Do you have an operators manual to look at the table that tells whether you can still do a parked regen? On my tractor, L3560, if you see the engine warning light you CANNOT do an auto regen, and you must do a parked regen.

Did you see any error codes? If so which number?

Why did you interrupt the parked regen? (Normally a bad idea, but your circumstances were?

Is the engine warning light flashing or solidly on? If solidly on you are at PM warning level 4 (if like 60 series tractors) and you must contact dealer.

How many hours on the tractor? Normal regen frequency and duration?

If I have understood parts of this correctly it is likely you will have to take it to dealer for laptop to reset things and to see if parked regen actually reduced soot. Running the tractor further may increase damage.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Roscoe,
For us to help further, I think first thing is we need to know what actual tractor you are dealing with as Kubota doesn't have a L3100. ;)

roscoe t

Equipment
L3100 HST tractor
Jan 19, 2021
austin tx
Wrong model number. The tractor is an L3301 HST Kubota. The following sequence occurred.
Tractor signaled a filter regen was required with a beep and a flashing signal
After parking the tractor setting the brakes, transmission in neutral drive, lowered hydralics, raised rpms until red light indictor was off
tractor did not regen, beep and puff indicator continued. Now the tractor was turned off . When turned on again it continued to warn as before. tried to turn on auto regen light but it would not go on. pulled light out of dash and had to connecte it. now it worked and auto regen proceeded . Rpms increased then decreased but warning light and beep continued. the regen light is not working.

auto regen light was not connected

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ok great, it helps to have the model number, I have a paper copy of parts of the operators manual. Since there are two lights and two illuminated buttons with the “puffer” symbol, we need more information as to which you are talking about when.

E010963F-5683-4BE6-A36F-4EA581B8909F.jpeg

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You can see from this table that right now the critical thing to know is whether the engine warning light is flashing or on constantly:

7F1E7B1E-20E2-488B-ADB3-BB6B1EC0D102.jpeg

Notice that if flashing you cannot do an auto regen. If solidly on you are dead in the water. It mentions that if you continue to operate the tractor the regeneration cycle will be disabled.

I think you have reached a point where you are going to have to take it to the dealer, but let us know which puffer lights, buttons are illuminated and how fast the buzzer is sounding,and whether the engine warning light is solidly on or flashing.

roscoe t

Equipment
L3100 HST tractor
Jan 19, 2021
austin tx
Thanks for the conversation. The engine warning light is number 6 on the dash and is not flashing and the beep is per second.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks for the conversation. The engine warning light is number 6 on the dash and is not flashing and the beep is per second.
If the engine warning light is solidly on, and the beep is one per second you are at level 4 soot accumulation, and it will require a dealer laptop to get it to regenerate. With luck you will not have to replace the dpf filter, but the sooner you get it there the better. It may be that you got into this predicament because one of your lights wasn’t functioning correctly, but the dealer should be able to go through the history in the ECU. Please let us know how what you find out.

roscoe t

Equipment
L3100 HST tractor
Jan 19, 2021
austin tx
If the engine warning light is solidly on, and the beep is one per second you are at level 4 soot accumulation, and it will require a dealer laptop to get it to regenerate. With luck you will not have to replace the dpf filter, but the sooner you get it there the better. It may be that you got into this predicament because one of your lights wasn’t functioning correctly, but the dealer should be able to go through the history in the ECU. Please let us know how what you find out.
can I take the filter apart to clean out the soot?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...it will require a dealer laptop to get it to regenerate...
You are stuck with the dealer talking to your tractor's computer; I'm guessing that it doesn't matter even if you put a new one on.

PS. I'm so glad I ain't got that ch!t...

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
No, cleaning constitutes baking the ceramic honeycomb inside. Don't run the tractor; take it to dealer immediately. With their laptop they may get it to regen correctly and you can run it for many more hours before it needs replacing or cleaning. Much cheaper. How many hours on the tractor?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
For other users of L01 tractors, as most of you know, life with these tractors is easy if you follow the directions and don't let the soot levels build up beyond level 1. In this case something happened such that the OP missed the light and didn't increase the rpms so that it could regen. By the time the beeper is sounding it was in stage 2 or 3. It is not clear which light or lit button was disconnected in his dash. His description of parked regen is not typical. So more than one thing has gone wrong.