Hydro drain plugs?

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
B2650HSDC, I was looking at my manual and then under my tractor, for future service, to locate the hydro drain plugs, have done it before but got a bit confused. It shows 3, one by the mid pto and one on each side of the tractor just behind the mid pto. When physically looking at them they did not seem like drain plugs, seemed more like they were holding parts together. Are all 3 the same size and easily identified?
My oil pan does have the double drain plugs so will definitely pull both when I drain.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
The 2 that are inline with the the rear axle , on the outside of the rear case in the middle and bottom are 12mm. The one under the mid pto is 17mm.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I dont remember if they were marked or not. I just checked my work shop manual and found them. They are the middle ones on the bottom and when you check you can see they aren't bolts to hold the case together. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
the coloured marks are just how the factory QA folks show that the oil has been added and bolts torqed
After servicing my tractor I see what you are talking about, that mark is on quite a few bolts that have nothing to do with fluids. I still think the ones on the hydraulic case are the correct ones but will make sure before I pull them.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I dont remember if they were marked or not. I just checked my work shop manual and found them. They are the middle ones on the bottom and when you check you can see they aren't bolts to hold the case together. Any other questions feel free to ask.
I took a good look with a light and although they do have the mark it is obvious which ones are the drain plugs. You are right that you can tell they do not hold the casing together. Thanks for your help, lots to learn about these machines.