Hydraulic Twilight Zone

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Hi everybody. Blister back again, with more questions about the obvious.

This time, I’m having trouble disconnecting the single lever hydraulic coupler on my FEL.
It’s the new FL 435 Swift-Tach on my 2019 B2601. They feature the smooth flat faced hydraulic quick connectors, not the old Pioneer fittings. According to Neil at Messicks the thing pops on and off so simply you don’t even have to get off the tractor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPzXK27FXs&list=UUSgkoP-WD9poKbBK3nWIKdg&index=10

True enough as far as I got. I did the bucket dancing, lowered the parking stands, raised the front of the tractor, opened the cauls and popped the lifter arms out of their seats, backed up a bit and shut the tractor off.

I worked the control handle in every direction and let the 3-point hitch lower the back blade to the ground to equalize pressure in the system.

I pulled the red lock button out and opened the over-center-cam handle, expecting the entire manifold to come up and off. Nada. It doesn’t lift out, wiggle out, torque out or respond to harsh language. Now I can't close the handle back down to reseal the system, either.

Anybody have any insight? If I can’t get the thing disconnected I can’t get the snowblower on, and the white stuff is coming pretty quick in these parts.

Thanks!
Gene

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Ok I'm an idiot.....
The hydraulic lines running to the manifold had become lightly wedged in the loader arm as I backed the tractor away from the FEL. This caused enough tension on the manifold to keep it from slipping straight up and off the connections.
Better safe than sorry, but boy I feel dumb.