Hydraulic pump rebuild

stanleyp

Equipment
L345
Mar 27, 2010
mckinney, tx
Hey there, new to this site- I've enjoyed reading everything so far.

Have a new to me L345 with a loader. I have a hydraulic leak around the shaft of the hydraulic pump (located at the front of the tractor) and decreased power to the loader only- PTO is strong. I was able to find a rebuild kit with replacement seals. I think I will try this before buying a new pump.

I would like to do a pressure test on the system before and after this fix, any idea of the correct pressure specs on an L1700 loader. Also what kind of pressure gauge should I use?

Looking for any advise on rebuilding this thing. Do the bolts on the pump need to be torqued or any cautions when replacing the shaft seal?

Thanks for any advise.

Stan

Kellysw

Equipment
B7200 HST Snow blade auger lawn mowing
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
I have the B7200 HST and I just replaced my pump due to gauled cylinders and busted pump shaft. The pump in mine is prety simple in that the only moving parts are quite simple to remove. 4 bolts to remove the pump from the motor. And 2 fittings and its in your hand. The 6 bolts on the pump its self and the thing is practically falling apart in your hand. The shaft seal will be the biggest trick in getting it to slide in with out damage. Mine has a snap ring as well to hold it in place so it may be even easier than I can antisipate.
The rest of the pump is o rings and just getting the gears to mesh.

Good luck and keep us informed of your successes....

Kelly in Van Meter Iowa...

stanleyp

Equipment
L345
Mar 27, 2010
mckinney, tx
I took my pump off to inspect the leak and it too has a snap ring next to the shaft o-ring. I only have two bolts holding the pump in place and one of them was missing- which caused the pump to move around. It was the snap ring that looks to have damaged the shaft seal. I will use some lock tight when I reinstall this pump, hopefully it will not come off again.

I will update on the fix when my parts come in.

I look forward to hearing those spec, Vic.

thanks