Hydraulic issue

Dvan

Equipment
Kubota L2501- LA525 Loader- RCR1260 Rotary mower- BB1260 Box Blade- RB1672 Blade
Sep 28, 2019
Parker, Colorado
We had a big snow this weekend and I got the L2501 out to plow, and the loader was moving up and down very slowly. If I curled at the same time it would work normal or if I put it into the float position it would move normally, otherwise, super slow. It even seemed like there was a little bit of loss of power to the engine as well. Well eventually I noticed that if I let the three point down just slightly, everything works fine. So I tested my theory several times and that’s exactly what’s happening, do I have a problem?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
hmmm. did it sound like the three point hitch was still trying to lift when you had it raised all the way? Difficult to explain but mine will sound like its still trying to lift the three point hitch if I pull that lever all the way to the top stop. I find that I have to give it a very slight bump down to get it to stop. The reason I'm asking is I THINK that the three point hitch has hydraulic precedence (for lack of a better term) over the loader valve and you could be diverting flow away from the loader valve.

One thing to check would be to make sure that all loader hydraulic connections are fully seated.

Dvan

Equipment
Kubota L2501- LA525 Loader- RCR1260 Rotary mower- BB1260 Box Blade- RB1672 Blade
Sep 28, 2019
Parker, Colorado
hmmm. did it sound like the three point hitch was still trying to lift when you had it raised all the way? Difficult to explain but mine will sound like its still trying to lift the three point hitch if I pull that lever all the way to the top stop. I find that I have to give it a very slight bump down to get it to stop. The reason I'm asking is I THINK that the three point hitch has hydraulic precedence (for lack of a better term) over the loader valve and you could be diverting flow away from the loader valve.

One thing to check would be to make sure that all loader hydraulic connections are fully seated.
I haven’t noticed any sound like it’s still trying to lift, but it does seem like it’s hogging fluid. I did disconnect, inspect and RE-connect all of the quick connectors.