Hydraulic connection help B2710/Woods 1006 loader

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,015
3,155
113
Austin, Texas
Thank you for the explanation. I will try to read through all of this again and write some notes as I go. Trying to read thread #X and thread #Y and compare what they mean when you can’t see both at once doesn’t help my understanding.

And yes I know very little about the internal valve construction and different designs between the different companies. I have not worked with hydraulics very much in my life so am always trying to learn about the things that are new and unknown
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have not worked with hydraulics very much in my life so am always trying to learn about the things that are new and unknown
<PET PEEVE>
And that my friend sets you apart from the majority of people who dont give a damn about the details. They simply want to be told what to do to fix their current problem and then they come back weeks, months, years later with a new problem they cant fix because they did not take the opportunity to learn the details the first time.
</PET PEEVE>

I am busy tomorrow but I will try to put together some instructional material on directional control valve construction this werkend. Hopefully that will fill in some of your gray areas.

Dan
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chistech

New member

Equipment
B7510, B2710
Oct 8, 2025
18
0
1
Dartmouth Ma
They are the same with different wording. I suspect your confusion comes from an incomplete understanding of internal valve construction and operation. You are accustomed to the use of a hollow (PB) or solid (closed center) conversion sleeve installed directly in the power beyond port. Hollow for high pressure carry over and solid for ckosed center as shown below.

View attachment 173388

View attachment 173387



Husco is doing it differently. It appears they are installing a solid plug in the side of the valve to separate tank and neutrsl passages. Then the power beyond port is plugged for closed center and open for carry over. If you look at the pictures above you can turn the hollow PB sleeve into a solid closed center sleeve by putting a plug in it.

Dan
looking at husco’s web page that’s exactly what is done to get PBY. The long plug separates the passages and then a hose is attached to the PBY port. I haven’t removed my plug yet as I’m waiting for my hydraulic tie in block from Messicks because I have the loader attached to the tractor and the bucket is up about 8” so I can move the tractor in and out of my garage as I have limited space and need to bring in other work. if I remove that plug I will lose what pressure I have to hold the buck up. I will be posting back once I have what I need to operate it at least enough to get it back up after opening the valve ports. Again I appreciate all the help and please don’t lose patience with me. On another note: looking up my valve I’ve seen prices from $5000-$6000 dollars for it! I gave $1250 for the whole loader complete with the valve. I don’t know where they come up with these prices.
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
looking at husco’s web page that’s exactly what is done to get PBY. The long plug separates the passages and then a hose is attached to the PBY port. I haven’t removed my plug yet as I’m waiting for my hydraulic tie in block from Messicks because I have the loader attached to the tractor and the bucket is up about 8” so I can move the tractor in and out of my garage as I have limited space and need to bring in other work. if I remove that plug I will lose what pressure I have to hold the buck up. I will be posting back once I have what I need to operate it at least enough to get it back up after opening the valve ports. Again I appreciate all the help and please don’t lose patience with me. On another note: looking up my valve I’ve seen prices from $5000-$6000 dollars for it! I gave $1250 for the whole loader complete with the valve. I don’t know where they come up with these prices.
You got it figured out.

@Russell King Here is a crude drawing showing how the internal flow is manipulated to get the various forms of operation. The internal passages cast into the valve are called "cores".

Untitled.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
looking at husco’s web page that’s exactly what is done to get PBY. The long plug separates the passages and then a hose is attached to the PBY port. I haven’t removed my plug yet as I’m waiting for my hydraulic tie in block from Messicks because I have the loader attached to the tractor and the bucket is up about 8” so I can move the tractor in and out of my garage as I have limited space and need to bring in other work. if I remove that plug I will lose what pressure I have to hold the buck up. I will be posting back once I have what I need to operate it at least enough to get it back up after opening the valve ports. Again I appreciate all the help and please don’t lose patience with me. On another note: looking up my valve I’ve seen prices from $5000-$6000 dollars for it! I gave $1250 for the whole loader complete with the valve. I don’t know where they come up with these prices.
BTW - removing that plug will not cause loss of pressure holding the loader up.

Dan
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chistech

New member

Equipment
B7510, B2710
Oct 8, 2025
18
0
1
Dartmouth Ma
After further thought about the text description let me revise that

Plug 13 is used for open center operation without high pressure carry over. When its installed the neutral and tank cores are connected internally and both flows are directed to the tank port. The PB port is just an additional tank port.

Plug 14 is used for BOTH high pressure carry over and closed center operation. It isolates the tank and neutral cores.

For closed center operation the power beyond port is plugged (10) blocking neutral flow and the tank port is used to return exhaust oil to tank.

For high pressure carry over operation plug 10 is replaced with a hose fitting (8) and allows neutral flow to carry over to a down stream valve. The tank port only carries exhaust oil to tank.

So the Messicks guy was close but no banana. Remove the plug in the side port and post a picture of it. It should be obvious which you have.

Dan
The plug I have is an internal Allen some I assume it’s just a flat plug. I ordered part 13 and the elbow hose fitting shown. Meant to send this earlier so now with all your information the point is probably mute. I’ll keep you all posted. My block just came in from Messicks so I’m off to the hydraulic shop. Won be able to install the PBY yet as I don’t have the part but I can have the hoses ready. I also found the dedicated port in the trans.
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The plug I have is an internal Allen some I assume it’s just a flat plug. I ordered part 13 and the elbow hose fitting shown.
I know what you assumed. Its not an assumption I would make when its easy to check before purchasing. Hopefully your assumption proves correct.
 

Chistech

New member

Equipment
B7510, B2710
Oct 8, 2025
18
0
1
Dartmouth Ma
The plug in the side of my valve is indeed just a flat plug and does not go into the valve to block the high and low so it is part #13 that does that. I had all three hoses made up and connected my new hydraulic block to the tractor. To test the loader, I currently have the “out” hose connected to the return port on the hydraulic block. Once I have correct fittings for the PBY, it will connected to the return port on the block and they “out” on the valve will return to the “tank” hose in the transmission. I have to say this Woods 1006 loader works really well and has good speed along with good overall lift height. Whoever buys this tractor from me will be getting an extremely nice operating machine. Once I get the parts for the PBY I’ll post again.
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The plug in the side of my valve is indeed just a flat plug and does not go into the valve to block the high and low so it is part #13 that does that. I had all three hoses made up and connected my new hydraulic block to the tractor. To test the loader, I currently have the “out” hose connected to the return port on the hydraulic block. Once I have correct fittings for the PBY, it will connected to the return port on the block and they “out” on the valve will return to the “tank” hose in the transmission. I have to say this Woods 1006 loader works really well and has good speed along with good overall lift height. Whoever buys this tractor from me will be getting an extremely nice operating machine. Once I get the parts for the PBY I’ll post again.
Be very careful running your tractor with the loader plumbed like that. The max pressure rating on the tank port is probably around 500 PSI. You can easily subject it to 2000+ PSI when using the 3pt. When you do that most valves develop leaks pretty quickly.

Dan
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chistech

New member

Equipment
B7510, B2710
Oct 8, 2025
18
0
1
Dartmouth Ma
Be very careful running your tractor with the loader plumbed like that. The max pressure rating on the tank port is probably around 500 PSI. You can easily subject it to 2000+ PSI when using the 3pt. When you do that most valves develop leaks pretty quickly.

Dan
Be very careful running your tractor with the loader plumbed like that. The max pressure rating on the tank port is probably around 500 PSI. You can easily subject it to 2000+ PSI when using the 3pt. When you do that most valves develop leaks pretty quickly.

Dan
here are the two fittings I received. The elbow to connect the hose to the PBY port and the plug that closes off the high and low to make the PBY functional. I will install tomorrow and the hydraulics should now be correct.
 

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,966
7,347
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
here are the two fittings I received. The elbow to connect the hose to the PBY port and the plug that closes off the high and low to make the PBY functional. I will install tomorrow and the hydraulics should now be correct.
Looks good.

Just to be clear the plug does not close off the high or low. They continue to operate. The plug closes off the internal connection between them. That gives you two independent output streams as opposed to the one combined stream you have without the plug.

Dan
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user