Husky chainsaw bars

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ok I have an orange saw too,, Im thinkin I need a new bar for my 350 cause it cuts in a curve on big logs,,over 20inches,, on small stuff 10 or under not a problem,,I sharped the chains so that not the problem,, so Does anybody know a good place to get a new bar thats not going to cost an arm and leg, the best price I found was like 40 bucks for a bar... My old 1010 Mac never needed a bar and it cut tons of fire wood.. so any know a good place???

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oregon makes a good after market bar for chainsaws. A bar will cut funny if it gets hot and worps from the heat buildup. Ask any tree professional you will burn up bars and have to replace them. I would caution on the cheap side of life. You get what you pay for and with a chain saw I don't think I would want to skimp out on cheap parts and get killed or a limb taken off. Thats just me!

http://www.oregonchain.com/homeowner/consumer_home.htm

Last edited:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Ok I have an orange saw too,, Im thinkin I need a new bar for my 350 cause it cuts in a curve on big logs,,over 20inches,, on small stuff 10 or under not a problem,,I sharped the chains so that not the problem,, so Does anybody know a good place to get a new bar thats not going to cost an arm and leg, the best price I found was like 40 bucks for a bar... My old 1010 Mac never needed a bar and it cut tons of fire wood.. so any know a good place???
Just because it does what you describe may not mean its beyond repair.
What can cause your problem my just be one of the rails has opened up or one side has worn down.If you place a straight edge on each side in turn, hold it up to the light,and run it the full length it should touch across the full width.I have a thin pieces of steel made from an old saw blade that is placed in the grove then layed on a solid flat lump of metal and the opposite side which is bent can be tapped back.Repeat on all bent sides.When the chain is a nice fit in the grove you can file the top of the rail equal on both sides.
dave

cody

Equipment
Zb5000 kubota
May 17, 2010
Prince George BC Canada
Don’t Throw Out Old Bar Yet

To expand on what B7100 has said you can get a curved cut from you saw by a number of issues:

1- A bur on your bar rails. This is the grove that your chain runs in and the wear of your chain creates a bur that needs to be filed off with a small flat file. Also check for this bur on the bar tip.
2- Uneven sharpening of your chain teeth. Most people sharpen one side of their chain better than the other. If the teeth are sharper or the angle of the teeth on one side is off it will cause this.
3- Also if you sharpen one side down more than the other your rakers can hold the side with more tooth from cutting into the wood as deep causing your saw to curve and even bind.

Remember that with all things that wear like this - you get what you pay for some bars are cheaper for a reason. A good saw shop should be able to give you the run down on different bars but there can be a big difference in price.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I feel like a dunce,, I stoped at the shop and they told me the same thing about the chain,, yeah right,, BUT I needed a new chain anyway cause the teeth on the old ones are gettin a bit on the small side small, so what the duce I put the new chain one,,, DUHHHHHHHH that big old oak didnt stand a chance yup was the chain not the bar,,, Thanks much guys