HST Safety Switch Replacement

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You may find that the switch has a wire pig tale and the connector you have to disconnect is located perhaps 6" away from the switch.
forum L3301 HST switch.jpg

I am not certain the switch I have marked is the one in question. If not then on the connector to the switch there is usually a small lever as part of the connector you need to depress to free the connector.

Dave

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The white plastic that is on top of the switch is the wiring harness connector. Roll up the clear vinyl boot and you will see a small tab on the white connector, push in and hold the tab and pull the connector off of the switch. To reinstall,push the connector back onto the switch and it will then snap on.

Reactions: 1 user

Evad

Equipment
L3301
Apr 2, 2022
Redmond, WA
The white plastic that is on top of the switch is the wiring harness connector. Roll up the clear vinyl boot and you will see a small tab on the white connector, push in and hold the tab and pull the connector off of the switch. To reinstall,push the connector back onto the switch and it will then snap on.
Thank you! I was looking at the bottom of the connector instead of the top for a tab. Like I said - stupid question. I was trying to identify the part to get a part number from the Kubota illustrated parts viewer, but having a hard time figuring out how to get the part number.

1658599318358.png

I can see the part, but I cannot figure out how to get the part number for it. Any ideas? Thanks again for my stupid questions.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Thank you! I was looking at the bottom of the connector instead of the top for a tab. Like I said - stupid question. I was trying to identify the part to get a part number from the Kubota illustrated parts viewer, but having a hard time figuring out how to get the part number.

View attachment 84067

I can see the part, but I cannot figure out how to get the part number for it. Any ideas? Thanks again for my stupid questions.
That looks like the 'electrical wiring' sheet. There usually is/are 'switch/sensor' sheet(s) that show the items. Be seated when you price it.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Get to the correct section of the various illustrated parts lists and then below that is the list of parts and names arranged by the item number (110).

Probably need to be on a computer not a mobile device but Kubota may have updated since I tried using an iPad a couple years ago (did not work)

Evad

Equipment
L3301
Apr 2, 2022
Redmond, WA
This should be the switch you are looking for if you have a hydrostat tractor.
Love this group! That's it. And that was exactly the part I was looking for. Just bought a new one and installed it and after about an 1 hour of getting on/off the tractor not one stall!

Funny story, the diagram shows the nut going under the bracket, but whoever replaced this switch before, left the lock nut on the switch and just screwed the whole thing on. This made it incredibly difficult to remove the switch as the nut was trying to lock it on, but you could not get a crescent wrench on it because the housing on top of the switch is bigger than the nut. What a pain.

Thanks to everyone and this forum for helping.