Hst oil change b2320

Jtryan

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
my manual says there is 2 drain plugs but I only see one at the mid pto.
Also should I put gear oil in front axel or just UDT!? I plan to use tractor in the cold(Canada)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
my manual says there is 2 drain plugs but I only see one at the mid pto.
Also should I put gear oil in front axel or just UDT!? I plan to use tractor in the cold(Canada)
80w-90 is some thick stuff in the super cold......the UdT and Sudt and if you can get the equal Sudt2 is a colder friendly lube. Nothing like oil being turned and pressure applied with the oil is thicker than honey! I would use the UDT in the front axle.

DO you have the WSM on your machine?

Jtryan

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
80w-90 is some thick stuff in the super cold......the UdT and Sudt and if you can get the equal Sudt2 is a colder friendly lube. Nothing like oil being turned and pressure applied with the oil is thicker than honey! I would use the UDT in the front axle.

DO you have the WSM on your machine?
Ya I figured it would be a little thick but was worried that sudt was a little on the light side!
We don't get sudt in Canada only premium UDT which is the same.

Sorry what do you mean by wsm

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ya I figured it would be a little thick but was worried that sudt was a little on the light side!
We don't get sudt in Canada only premium UDT which is the same.

Sorry what do you mean by wsm
Wsm = work shop manual, it will answer with pictures all those questions you could ever have, even the user manual in this case will show you where the 2 plugs are.

I would use the premium UDT in your situation, thinnest in not the problem but the solution!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Here's a post by a guy who has a 2320, although I think it may not be wholly accurate.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20773

He takes photos of 4 drain plugs, but I think the other 2 are for his axles. I could be wrong.

At any rate he does have photos for the other 2 which may in fact be correct. It may help. As 85Hokie said, that info should be in your user manual, and definitely in your wsm.

GL

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
There are three drain plugs, the one by the mid PTO shaft and look at the lowest point on both sides of your rear axle/trans housing......they look like all the other bolts that hold the cases together.....but thye are in the centre and if you look real close you will see sealing washers behind them.

Manual and WSM doesn't show their location good at all.

Kubota reps at a dealer show told me you could use either oil in the front axle, but recommended UDT.
They said the complaints you see about axle seals leaking has nothing to do with the oil.

And the front axle is supposed to hold pressure. No need to vent it like you see people trying to do.