Hst drive problem

D100jj4

Mar 25, 2018
Verona VA
Want to thank you for your time first.
I recently bought a Kuboto L48 several months ago.
Has loader and backhoe. I found that everything works fine for a bit,but after I run unit for a bit the tractor wont move at all. Like the oil is to thin. Loader and backhoe works just fine when this happens. I will then have to let it sit for a bit then it will start to move. Pumps do not seem hot when this happens. I changed the drive oil and still same problem.
Do you have any advice as to what this may be, Do I need a thicker oil? It has 2000 hours.
Thanks.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Want to thank you for your time first.
I recently bought a Kuboto L48 several months ago.
Has loader and backhoe. I found that everything works fine for a bit,but after I run unit for a bit the tractor wont move at all. Like the oil is to thin. Loader and backhoe works just fine when this happens. I will then have to let it sit for a bit then it will start to move. Pumps do not seem hot when this happens. I changed the drive oil and still same problem.
Do you have any advice as to what this may be, Do I need a thicker oil? It has 2000 hours.
Thanks.
What "oil" did you replace it with? And have you looked at any of the filters in the HST system?
Not sure if that unit has two pumps or just one - but is sounds like either you have a filtration problem or air in the HST hydraulics.

D100jj4

Mar 25, 2018
Verona VA
I used Mobil 424 oil. It does have implement pump on front of engine.
I did not change any filters. Could that be the issue. I don't think its air due to I can run it for a bit then it looses power and wont pull a hill then it wont move. If im on a hill it will move slowly. Engine runs fine.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Filters would definitely cause the problem you speak of. I would never change filters without changing the fluid as well, or vice versa, maybe that***8217;s just me?

D100jj4

Mar 25, 2018
Verona VA
I greatly appreciate all your help. I normally change filter with any oil changes but I didn't have one and then forgot. I will change it and see what happens.
Thanks again.