Howdy from Cheyenne Wyoming

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
Howdy from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Considering the purchase of a 2012 Kubota B2320 from the local Kubota dealer. It has 93.8 hours on it, has HST transmission, LA304 loader, and a Woods RB60 rear blade. They are asking $16923 have not had the opportunity to speak to the salesman yet. I live six miles east of Cheyenne on 3 acres. Looking for something to maintain my gravel driveway and clear snow and do some dirt work to level an area for a pole barn. My driveway has a lot of grass and weeds growing in the gravel, would like to reconfigure it to a half circle style in the long run. Would the B2320 be up to the task? The dealership was closed today but went in and took a look at it and it looked pretty good and the tires were in great shape. Anything I should be looking at?

SmilingBob
image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
With that your going to wish you had different tires come winter.
Small R1's in snow are pretty worthless, and 100% worthless on ice.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
Not big enough. I have a B2601 and always wish I’d purchased bigger.
Many thanks for the input. Till I get the pole barn built I would like to be able to park it in one stall of our two car garage. Did not have a tape measure with me but with the bucket sitting like it is in the picture I paced the length from the bucket to the back end of the rear blade at 14 foot if thats accurate it would fit on my big tex 35SA utility trailer that is 6.5 x 14 foot with a 1922 pound cargo capacity to bring her home and take it in to get serviced. What is the length of your B2601?

SmilingBob

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Would chains help? What tires would you recomend?

SmilingBob
R14 tires are the best with or without chains.
Turf tires and then turf tires with chains are really good.
Next would be R4's with chains, R4's alone are pretty bad.
R1's are ok in deep wet deep snow and yes chain help, but with small R1's there is limited chain options that work well because most chain designs fall between the lugs.

The down fall is you will have to get rims for any of the three other tires as they take wider smaller diameter rims.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd hate settle for a tractor that did not have a quick attach setup. Once you have one you'll wonder why you went so long without.

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Many thanks for the input. Till I get the pole barn built I would like to be able to park it in one stall of our two car garage. Did not have a tape measure with me but with the bucket sitting like it is in the picture I paced the length from the bucket to the back end of the rear blade at 14 foot if thats accurate it would fit on my big tex 35SA utility trailer that is 6.5 x 14 foot with a 1922 pound cargo capacity to bring her home and take it in to get serviced. What is the length of your B2601?

SmilingBob
Are you sure its only got a 1900lb capacity? That doesn't sound right, unless its a single 3500lb axle.

If that is indeed the case you will likely be over capacity. The tractor itself rolls in at just over 1400lbs DRY. I can't say for sure what the loader and back blade weight comes in at but I'd bet its well over the 500lbs you'd have left to work with. A quick google search says the back blades around 250lbs on its own.

Legally you're in the red. Technically mabey ok? It's close but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. I've seen trailers tweak right at capacity with a hard bump, plus the liability.

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
On the tractor itself it would be a no go if I were you. That's too much money for too many compromises. I would want a quick attach loader, and r14 tires (filled). Just those two changes your pretty much at the same money as a brand new B.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
17 Grand for a 13-year-old tractor... I think it's high. But I don't keep up on used equipment prices, so take that with a grain of salt. I'd say buy new or new-er and get the R14 tires.

Or offer a LOT less than 17.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan

SmilingBob
I have a standard height garage and my l2501 fits in a bay without folding rops, I believe my garage length is not standard but I think it would fit fine if it was. If it’s super tight you could always remove the rear blade when parking. Not sure if its just the old blade I have but it is very light. Probably 100lbs if that so not to bad to take off if needed.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If it has a pin on bucket, it would be a hard pass for me. I wouldn’t buy a utility tractor that I couldn’t switch between bucket and forks.

So far as parking in a garage bay, sounds like a short term issue. If I fold the ROPs I can fit my L4701 in a garage bay with a 7’ high door. Not folded requires a 9’ door. Long term folding the ROPs would get old. Short term I’d put up with it for the long term payoff of a larger, more adequate machine moving up to a L with a SSQA on the loader.

As others have stated, the tires are wrong for your purposes. That’s a big deal as well because you’ll need to change rims to get the right tires and neither are cheap.

If you size limit based on your current trailer, you’ll end up with a tractor that’s too small. If all you’re planning to trailer it for is trips to/from dealer it may be more cost effective to have them move it. If you really want/need to be able to trailer it, get the right size tractor and then get the right size trailer to haul it.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
Many thanks for the input guys your wealth of knowledge is invaluable.
Yes my trailer is a single axle got it in a trade with my niece's husband when I packed out my little brother's estate back in 21. He had it for hauling a UTV. Had not thought about the added weight of the loader putting it over payload capacity. . Yes the Kubota I was looking at has the pin on bucket. The rear blade looks to have good adjustment but no quick attach. Thinking rationally its best to pass on this tractor and purchase what I want/need new. What do you guys think of the B2401 vs the 2601 ?, trying to keep the purchase out the door at around $25K cash. Would like to have a loader with QA bucket, box blade, R14 tires, and a brushhog mower, am I in the ballpark?

SmilingBob

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

SmilingBob

Do not do that,......unless you plan on very soon buying a bigger tractor, and wasting your money with a trade in!
Buying a tractor that is TOO SMALL, to handily do the jobs you desire,..... just because it will fit your barn or trailer, is a VERY POOR idea!
Sell your current trailer (trailers are very EASY to sell).
Buy a bigger tractor, and do a temporary cover until your pole barn is ready.

There are literally dozens of folks here who have done what you propose to do, and all have been sorry $$$$$ that they did so.

The operative phrase here is: "BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR".....meaning the FIRST time!

Howdy from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Considering the purchase of a 2012 Kubota B2320 from the local Kubota dealer. It has 93.8 hours on it, has HST transmission, LA304 loader, and a Woods RB60 rear blade. They are asking $16923 have not had the opportunity to speak to the salesman yet. I live six miles east of Cheyenne on 3 acres. Looking for something to maintain my gravel driveway and clear snow and do some dirt work to level an area for a pole barn. My driveway has a lot of grass and weeds growing in the gravel, would like to reconfigure it to a half circle style in the long run. Would the B2320 be up to the task? The dealership was closed today but went in and took a look at it and it looked pretty good and the tires were in great shape. Anything I should be looking at?

SmilingBob
View attachment 109738 View attachment 109739

SmilingBob
View attachment 109738 View attachment 109739
If you are absolutely committed to the little undersized B2320, you should know that $16,923 is way over priced.
324.5 miles up the road from you (in Sheridan), there is a one year newer B2320 with 242 hours, listed on Tractorhouse, for $11,880 (it does not have the RB, but new RB's are sold everywhere....... IMHO the best attachments are made by Everything Attachments, in NC., with no tax and free shipping.)

The B2320 in Sheridan is $5043 LESS than your local dealer is trying to rip you off, for this 11 year old machine.

With no grading experience, your driveway maintenance is best done with a "land plane" rather than a RB.
I have owned multiple tractors, and multiple RB's for over 50 years.
A RB has a long learning curve,...... a land plane can be used/dragged by anyone.

The B2320 is the wrong size tractor for your needs, but you are obviously entitled to spend your $$$$ however you choose.
I must confess that I do think the B2320 is a cute little thing..... and, most importantly, ...... it will fit in your garage:cry:!

Last edited:

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
fried1765,

As a first time tractor buyer I am learning a lot from fellow members of the forum, You guys have pointed out the errors in my thought process and such, and I very much appreciate it for sure n for certain! I have decided to pass on the 2320 as its too much money for too many compromises. Going to buy new and get the things I need for my intended use of the tractor. My budget is no more than $25K cash out the door what would you recommend?

SmilingBob

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
Many thanks for the input guys your wealth of knowledge is invaluable.
Yes my trailer is a single axle got it in a trade with my niece's husband when I packed out my little brother's estate back in 21. He had it for hauling a UTV. Had not thought about the added weight of the loader putting it over payload capacity. . Yes the Kubota I was looking at has the pin on bucket. The rear blade looks to have good adjustment but no quick attach. Thinking rationally its best to pass on this tractor and purchase what I want/need new. What do you guys think of the B2401 vs the 2601 ?, trying to keep the purchase out the door at around $25K cash. Would like to have a loader with QA bucket, box blade, R14 tires, and a brushhog mower, am I in the ballpark?

SmilingBob
Got my L2501 4wd HST from Cheyenne Kubota a little over 1 year ago with R4’s, QA bucket/loader, and a QH15 quick hitch for about 24k. Purchased An RCR1260 rotary cutter from Wickham tractor in Fort Collins for another 2100.

I think you could pretty handily get what you’re looking for right around that 25-26 mark if you go used on the implements, or just go the 0% 60mo financing option for the tractor like I did

Last edited by a moderator:

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Plus with an l2501 you could score a pretty good deal if the timing is right. The model was discontinued for an updated l2502. Dealers sitting on l2501s will soon be looking to purge. Might get lucky and score a good deal.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Plus with an l2501 you could score a pretty good deal if the timing is right. The model was discontinued for an updated l2502. Dealers sitting on l2501s will soon be looking to purge. Might get lucky and score a good deal.
For the OP:
This seems like very good pricing advice.

If you expect to get any sort of a fair pricing deal, I would steer well clear of your local dealer, who was asking a rip off price for the 2320.

Do not get hung up on the necessity of a "local" dealer.
These little tractors (under 25 HP) do not have DPF systems, and are very reliable machines.

BE PATIENT!
You do not need a tractor tomorrow!
Look,.....and wait for the right deal to come to you!

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
IMO L2501 / 02 is more value for the dollar than a B. If not need the MMM, then I think you get more machine with the L…however maybe not have all the features as the B (but I am not sure on the spec differences between the two machines). Personally I think the L has (Maybe price the LX also) better stance and weight than the B. If at all possible try to buy one size larger than you think…whatever that is to you….even if that means delaying an implement purchase for a year (if you have a hard price cap)…it’s a lot easier and cheaper to add a implement later than take a loss on the purchase and buy a larger tractor. (I’d price multiple and see where they land)

I am not familiar with your snow removal situation so plow vs blower could also make a difference. If you blow it, does front or rear matter? Want/need a cab? If so the mid PTO or cab maybe makes a difference. Id figure that out before you decide also.

good luck.

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
IMO L2501 / 02 is more value for the dollar than a B. If not need the MMM, then I think you get more machine with the L…however maybe not have all the features as the B (but I am not sure on the spec differences between the two machines). Personally I think the L has (Maybe price the LX also) better stance and weight than the B. If at all possible try to buy one size larger than you think…whatever that is to you….even if that means delaying an implement purchase for a year (if you have a hard price cap)…it’s a lot easier and cheaper to add a implement later than take a loss on the purchase and buy a larger tractor. (I’d price multiple and see where they land)

I am not familiar with your snow removal situation so plow vs blower could also make a difference. If you blow it, does front or rear matter? Want/need a cab? If so the mid PTO or cab maybe makes a difference. Id figure that out before you decide also.

good luck.
Snow in Cheyenne is never a blower-worthy issue, in my experience a loader bucket is more than fine, even with some drifts occasionally being a hair on the deep side.