How would you lock the loader in the fully upright position.

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
The reason I am asking is that my L35 spit the radiator drain plug on the ground last weekend and unlike most rigs it has no pop-up anything. I will need to cross in front of it many times to get the body work off etc.

I really don't want to risk passing under the loader a hundred times waiting for it to fall. This fear is %100 as it happened to my father-in-law working a Case tractor and he has never been right since.

It needs that level of tear down because the power steering hoses need replaced and the power steering cylinder needs new seals all at the same time. I guess I will neutralize the battery tray acid and repaint as needed as well. Why not?

BTW. Folks who have followed my trials in the past; I now have a fully functioning C-Press for the pins on the backhoe bucket but have not had a chance to try it. Soon.

Semper Fi everyone.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
How about a piece of angle iron, cut to just barely shorter than the extended cylinder rod, and secured to the rod with gear clamps? Raise the arms, secure the angle, and gently settle the weight on the angle.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
torch has a good idea - others are take a piece of pipe, cut it along it's axis - and place over rod and join back. Ether choice - make sure all burs are ground off!!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
How about a piece of angle iron, cut to just barely shorter than the extended cylinder rod, and secured to the rod with gear clamps? Raise the arms, secure the angle, and gently settle the weight on the angle.
This is about the easiest and cheapest way. It works, I secure my v-rake this way when it's stored in the shed.

Chances of it falling are slim but you obviously know that it only takes one time to get hurt or even killed. Not worth the risk in my book. :eek:

XSFMED18D

Equipment
Looking
Aug 17, 2016
Indy
If you go to the large trade shows that have tractors they all seem to use angle iron to lock the loader. I think mechanics use something similar when they're doing work on the tractors.

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
Those are great ideas. I will give it a go. My initial thought was to raise it all the way up and run a chain from the center hook on the bucket and wrap the other end around the rops.

Thanks folks.

rwarren324

Nov 2, 2016
US
I work around heavy equipment everyday in construction, mechanics that work on front end loaders that don't have safety links to hold hoist cylinder up always put bucket up on something strong enough to hold the weight, a connex building, a dump truck bed, a mound of rock or dirt, I guess what I saying is anything you have around that would hold the lift and bucket and still let you walk between would work

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I use a timber post to block the boom full-up, 4x4 or bigger. And lock the valve handle with the flipper plate.