How to tell if 2012 SVL90-2 is high flow

JamesC2023

Equipment
Kubota
Oct 21, 2023
Florida
Folks, I'm at a loss her me. Bought a used 2012 Kubota SVL90-2 and was told by the dealer that it was high flow. But now some folks said it may just be standard flow as I'm looking at mulcher type attachments.

How can I confirm my machine is high flow? There's no real clear info online or in videos and each machine is a little different depending on year model.

I have the 3 ports basically male female and a smaller port for aux. I have an aux button inside. But not the newer switch where you hold down for high flow.

Is there another way to tell? It is it factory high flow by default?

Any help or guidance would be great before I invest in attachment.

Attachments

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Have the dealer SHOW you the document that says 'high' flow ?
Go online to Messicks or Kubota and lookup the parts. I'd expect a different pump for 'high' flow, perhaps larger piping/hoses as well ??
For sure 'korporate Kubota' KNOWS exactly what went into your machine during it's manufacture, it'll be in a computer somewhere.

JamesC2023

Equipment
Kubota
Oct 21, 2023
Florida
Thanks - yes, I have a message out to the dealer, hopefully they are there tomorrow. It's very frustrating as I can't find enough detail on the same year same model to compare to. I don't think it's high flow, but I want to make sure. I had another person tell me their dealer said their unit was high flow until they tried a high flow mulcher. Very frustrating.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
on your right hand control do you have an aux port variable switch? (a horizontal switch that can be depressed either left or right)

I was told this was the toggle for the flow rate on high flow systems and when depressed either left or right if active it should illuminate a light

JamesC2023

Equipment
Kubota
Oct 21, 2023
Florida
I have that aux switch but whether I hold it down or try to toggle or push harder doesn't seem to be anything other than aux on off. I see the aux icon on display. But never flashing or anything different as I mess with the switch.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
without further investigation I would suggested the variable/hi-flo option is not present or not working.

But please don't take my word as gospel as I no longer own one myself.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have the Ports wrong,
The 2 large ports are flow, the smaller port is case drain for implements that need it.
Give me the serial number and I might be able to tell you if it's high flow.

Look at the hydraulic pump

HIGH FLOW

1698025155064.png

NOT, HIGH FLOW

1698025196613.png

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
All the Kubota machines I had with Hi flow all also had the electric pin connector yours doesn't have that connector I don't know if that makes a difference or not I know you don't need the electric for Hi Flow but all the new machines that hav e the electric connector that I've seen or used also had Hi flow hydraulics.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
So, the 'easy' way to confirm what is there, is to SEE the actual pump and compare to the dwgs that NIW posted. Hi-flow pump is longer due to the extra 'section'. Also the lower big pipe has a smaller one. I looked in the Canadian website and yeesh..the hi-flow pump is almost 3X the cost of the regular pump.
Hopefully you'll be able to open a cover plate to see what's there ?

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have a newer high flow svl75, rocking the Aux switch to the right, towards window engages standard flow. To engage high flow you have to rock switch to left and hold down for some seconds. Good luck working things out.