How to remove power take off pulley on front crankshaft Kubota B7100?

r.wagner75

Equipment
Kubota B7100 Diesl HST
Feb 16, 2023
Smuggler’s Den, Belize
Anyone know how to remove the power take off pulley from the crankshaft on a Kubota B7100? There is no way of putting a puller on this thing without damaging the aluminum cover. Does this thing split in half somehow?

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See post #31 in this thread for information that might help

I have no idea so won’t make any suggestions but will wish you good luck

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Anyone know how to remove the power take off pulley from the crankshaft on a Kubota B7100? There is no way of putting a puller on this thing without damaging the aluminum cover. Does this thing split in half somehow?
Most owners of these machines are looking for ways to connect stuff to the front of the crankshaft like a higher capacity hydraulic pump.
Why do you want this off/
Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The inside of the adapter is splined to the crank and it's packed with dirt, start by cleaning that out with water and air.
Then it should just slide off the crank and then there will be a nut behind it to remove the main pulley.

r.wagner75

Equipment
Kubota B7100 Diesl HST
Feb 16, 2023
Smuggler’s Den, Belize
See post #31 in this thread for information that might help

I have no idea so won’t make any suggestions but will wish you good luck
Most owners of these machines are looking for ways to connect stuff to the front of the crankshaft like a higher capacity hydraulic pump.
Why do you want this off/
Dave
I have end play on the main seal and crank shaft at the rear. Im trying to tear the engine down

r.wagner75

Equipment
Kubota B7100 Diesl HST
Feb 16, 2023
Smuggler’s Den, Belize
The inside of the adapter is splined to the crank and it's packed with dirt, start by cleaning that out with water and air.
Then it should just slide off the crank and then there will be a nut behind it to remove the main pulley.
Thanks for the response. I did manage to work it free. it had a lots of rust and dirt holding it together.