How popular are sub-compacts???

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That was posted 4 years ago in 2009 when Kubota was not offering 0% on everything. And yet here it is in 2013 and I still can't seem to sell it UGH

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
Interesting stuff, all this. I have been told by some sellers that my Grey L1500DT with FEL would be better than $6000 on the left coast, and still better than $3500 here in the east. The benefit I have is that i purchased mine for $450 from a gentleman with a broken front stub shaft.

I would say that still in today's economy you will be hard pressed to get 4k out of that tractor. That series hovers just to either side of 3k around here. I understand this was 4 years ago, but even though you are willing to haggle, you're looking at a 25% overprice, which would turn me away. List as somewhere closer to $3750 or best offer and see if there are any bites. Keep on bringing it down over time and eventually you will have the right formula for your region.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well in that case I'll just keep it cause I sure as hell am not giving it away. I need to load it up and take it to the dealer and have it appraised. I have to many custom mods and upgrades plus 4 implments to go with it as a package deal.

I keep seeing ragged out rust bucket junk in the B6100 series that people are paying 2500-3500 on and mine is by far better then those. I just have a small dent in the hood thats it.

Sterno

Equipment
Kubota B6100D, B7100HST, Ber-Vac S51 3PT Snowblower, Kubota A450
Dec 9, 2012
Summerland, British Columbia
My best (uneducated) guess is that it's an E and not a DT. The old 4wd B-series seem to be far more popular than the 2wd variant.
See if your dealer would take it in on trade or sell it on a commission basis, might get the most value that way.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
gpreuss maybe its just your dealer and not wanting to stock parts or is giving you some bullshit excuse. I can get parts at my dealer all day every day for my B6100 with out problems. The L185 was another popular tractor so I can't see getting parts being an issue.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Interesting stuff, all this. I have been told by some sellers that my Grey L1500DT with FEL would be better than $6000 on the left coast, and still better than $3500 here in the east. The benefit I have is that i purchased mine for $450 from a gentleman with a broken front stub shaft.

I would say that still in today's economy you will be hard pressed to get 4k out of that tractor. That series hovers just to either side of 3k around here. I understand this was 4 years ago, but even though you are willing to haggle, you're looking at a 25% overprice, which would turn me away. List as somewhere closer to $3750 or best offer and see if there are any bites. Keep on bringing it down over time and eventually you will have the right formula for your region.
Where are you getting these numbers at 25% over price and $3750 list??