How do I get a b7100 desil cranked after running out of fuel

jlarge495

Apr 15, 2019
US
I ran my Kubata4x4 desil out of fuel and refueled it how do I get air out of the lines and restart it

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I ran my Kubata4x4 desil out of fuel and refueled it how do I get air out of the lines and restart it

Rather than give you lengthy instructions, I am gong to tell you where to go to get the information.

On the following site you can download free manuals for your tractor.
http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=c02e5ac96893c6d6474ad66cbceacfb1

The workshop manual will be very detailed. On the other hand an operators manual for one of the slightly lower B series such a B6000 will likely solve your issue.

Look for "Air Venting in the Fuel System."

Dave

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
On my old 7100 all I had to do is loosen the banjo bolt where the fuel line hooks to the injector pump. Turn the engine over a few times until fuel comes out, tighten the bolt and crank it up. I ran mine out of fuel a few times and this worked every time.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
From the owner's manual:

(1) Fill the fuel tank with fuel, and open the fuel cock.

(2) Open the bleeding screws at the top of the filter with
two turns.
(3) When bubbles disappear from fuel coming out of the
plug, tighten the bleeding screws.

(4) Open the air vent plug on the fuel injection pump.
(5) Pull the throttle lever completely to stop the engine,
and start the starter for about 10 seconds.

[CAUTION]
• Be sure to pull the throttle lever back
completely before cranking the starter.

(6) Close the air vent plug when air bubbles disappear from
the fuel flowing out.

I have also found it advisable to add a 7th step:
Push throttle lever forward to idle position. Loosen each of the fuel pipe connections at the injectors. Crank starter until air bubbles disappear from the fuel flowing out. Tighten each connection in turn as the bubbles stop. But that is not in the manual.

Attachments

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hi
if the B7100 has a decompression facility then do as others have advised (bleed till all air bubbles have gone} above.
During initial cranking to remove the bubbles and air use the decompression knob in order not to run down the battery.
Hope this helps

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Where is the banjo bolt located

look up one post ....

Torch's second picture - "AIR VENT PLUG"

He explains it very well!

loosen, JUST loosen it a bit, crank engine.....bubbles at first...then diesel.....and it should start. Tighten and you are in business!

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
And don’t burn up the starter by cranking too long without resting it to cool off between cranks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
look up one post ....

Lugbolt's second picture - "AIR VENT PLUG"

He explains it very well!

loosen, JUST loosen it a bit, crank engine.....bubbles at first...then diesel.....and it should start. Tighten and you are in business!
Let's give credit where credit is due...Torch not Lugbolt...provided the pictures. I know, you been standing on concrete all day!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Let's give credit where credit is due...Torch not Lugbolt...provided the pictures. I know, you been standing on concrete all day!
Sorry Torch......

Thats what I get for reading TWO posts at the same time!:eek:

And Len.....how true you are.....15,000 steps to be exact!:p

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
If we are assigning credit, then it goes to Kubota. I merely quoted a passage from the owner's manual. ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Torch, don't be so modest. If what you say is the case, we don't need a forum. Folks would be required to search and find solutions on their own, or go to the dealer. All equipment owners would be sure to have an owner's manual AND READ IT!

You did good. You saved someone's bacon!:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Torch, don't be so modest. If what you say is the case, we don't need a forum. Folks would be required to search and find solutions on their own, or go to the dealer. All equipment owners would be sure to have an owner's manual AND READ IT!

You did good. You saved someone's bacon!:D
Today, owners manuals and workshop manuals (WSM's) are optional. Owners manuals never leave their jackets, no one reads them. Easier to come on any one of a multitude of forums, pose a question and have someone who actually reads (and can read and spell correctly....:D) answer the question for the poster when, in reality, all it takes is some research on the part of the poster.

What a forum is for I guess. To answer questions that can be found by actually reading a manual.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Yes, this forum has a lot of good people willing to help out others by sharing their knowledge -- whether gained through personal experience, or through various manuals and links. I have been the beneficiary on many occasions.

Compare that to some elitist internet forums where the first 3 responses to such a question would be along the lines of "Try using the search function, you moron". Here, the first three responses (not counting my own) were a link to the manual itself, a personal-experience solution, and a valuable tip that isn't in any manual.

That's why I keep hanging around here: very few true self-important morons trolling for attention.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I guess reading comprehension and spelling rate low on the scale today...

I'm happy you are here to provide guidance. What I'm alluding to is the inane versus legitimate questions.

All any owner has to do to do suss out bleeding the fuel system is ook in the provided with the tractor owners manual, it's in every one and if they don't have a copy, maybe purchasing one would be a good idea.... maybe.

Every implement I own and both my tractors have owners manuals and basic maintenance guides.

Like my wife always says... "It's a concept thing".

Candidly, I don't much care but I read some of the threads and scratch my head in wonderment, like, can you breathe without assistance.

Not trolling (whatever the hell that is), just commenting on the inane versus a legitimate question.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I guess reading comprehension and spelling rate low on the scale today...
Its shifted...
The "break out the book" has turned into "google it".

It's not right or wrong it's just the way it is, we have "progressed".

The days of riding horse along a fence line just to check it, have long gone for most of us.

I really like being able to help people all over the world via Internet to be able to fix issues, it makes me feel like I doing more than I could ever just do locally. ;)

Just remember back to our days of our youth when getting information on subjects could take day, months, years, or never, and then when you did get the information, you had no real way to verify, question or alter that information around to what you really needed.
Our system of information now can be almost instant, which when you need or want to get done right now, can invaluable.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Its shifted...

The "break out the book" has turned into "google it".

It's not right or wrong it's just the way it is, we have "progressed".

The days of riding horse along a fence line just to check it, have long gone for most of us.

I really like being able to help people all over the world via Internet to be able to fix issues, it makes me feel like I doing more than I could ever just do locally. ;)

Just remember back to our days of our youth when getting information on subjects could take day, months, years, or never, and then when you did get the information, you had no real way to verify, question or alter that information around to what you really needed.

Our system of information now can be almost instant, which when you need or want to get done right now, can invaluable.

And you do help many of us. Every time I read one of your posts I learn something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
sore subject with me. I'll be underneath a tractor and get a page from the secretary to grab the phone. Climb out from under said tractor, walk about 100' to the office, answer the phone. "Yeah can you tell me how to bleed the air out of my L2501, I run it out of fuel".

....Yeah, sure let me dig out THE OWNER'S MANUAL and read it to you.

Seriously, this forum is awesome and I'm grateful for it! But at the same time, previous posters were right...those manuals? Those are just stacks of glued paper with, like, "words", on them...that are nothing but a partial liability release for Kubota, right?

I've had to mention it to people, usually in person "the owners manual...you know that thing that nobody ever reads...outlines your maintenance schedule", or the like. Sometimes people don't understand any other way. The "joys" of working for the public. I love doing it but sometimes it's frustrating.....