How best to add 3pt hitch

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would start with a trailer mover frame to get the geometry right. May be able to get one that has some removable receiver so it can fit into that existing hitch area. Then some braces to the top to support it.

Reactions: 1 user

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
I would start with a trailer mover frame to get the geometry right. May be able to get one that has some removable receiver so it can fit into that existing hitch area. Then some braces to the top to support it.
Thanks Russell for your reply. I’m thinking of cutting that ‘Brimley’ type hitch off and welding on a regular 3pt hitch. However, I’m also thinking putting on some dots of receiver hitch to pull with a 3pt hitch

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Also I can buy an inexpensive 3pt hitch off Amazon with receiver already built into it.
Thanks Russell for your reply. I’m thinking of cutting that ‘Brimley’ type hitch off and welding on a regular 3pt hitch. However, I’m also thinking putting on some sort of receiver hitch to pull with a 3pt hitch

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Just a thought. A Belaurus (front) Suitcase Weight Mount looks like it would marry up to that pretty well. That might be something you could track down easily.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Do you think it would work to just cut off the brimley and weld on a piece of 2” tube steel to work with a 3pt receiver I can buy off Amazon ??

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Just a thought. A Belaurus (front) Suitcase Weight Mount looks like it would marry up to that pretty well. That might be something you could track down easily.
Thanks but I’m not familiar with a Belarus weight mount??? I’m just wanting to pull this plow thing and use as a rake. Just needing to make or dab a way to use my tractors 3pt hitch. Thinking the tube steel receiver would be easiest

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana