How about you?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I was born in my Grandmother's bedroom. Was just after WW2, apparently no beds available for normal deliveries...

How about you? Anything interesting in your life? Mine is only possibly interesting because times have changed somewhat...maybe not interesting at all really...interesting to me anyway... :LOL:

I do have other things in my life that I think may be interesting, but this was the first one...and no, I don't remember it! Just going from reports I heard over the years...

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As a son of a dairy farmer, my father and mother knew how much they had to pay for the deliveries of their kids at the hospital.

No health insurance.

Seems like older brother was $600, mine was about $800, but my sister born 7 years later was almost $2,000.

Trust me, the Old Man would bring that stuff up when he was pissed at us.... :oops:

Wife and I had premature twins years ago. 34 weeks, so 6 weeks premature. Had some problems common to the prematurity. Some of those problems could have caused their demise. Scary times.

Fortunately, blindness, deafness, Multiple Sclerosis (?), and many other maladies associated with the prematurity didn't manifest in our daughters.

While insured, caesarian section delivery, plus a couple ambulance rides and 2 weeks in neonatal intensive care amounted to about $75,000......bet it'd be $500,000 today.

The girls thrived and were Valedictorian and Salutatorian of their class.

Both were multiple State Track Champions in NYS as sprinters. Went on to a college as Division 1 athletes.

Mom and I are always thankful for the way things turned out.....could have gone another direction....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I know is the hospital I was born in was torn down 6 months after I was born,,, now that should tell you something

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I recently travelled down the Ancestry tree, and was very surprised how many parents lost their children ….during birth or shortly thereafter. My mom and dad lost three children. One lone daughter, and a set of twins, boy and girl. Condolences to my parents, and any readers to suffer this tragedy.