Hot Hydraulic Oil

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
How hot is it getting? Hydraulic oil itself is Ok to above 240f but it looses it's cushion ability because of thinning I usually tell my customers it is ok up to about 200f then they should be finding some way to cool it. most 9540's I've checked have been well under that about 150-175f there is one thing though, are you using a hydraulic motor? If you use a motor continuously you must have a flow control valve installed or your hydraulic oil will get hot! I had one customer with a M125 who was using a orbital motor to run his sprayer pump whose oil got so hot it darkened the paint on his transmission housing!!:eek: I replaced the pump and installed a flow control and new oil and filters and it has worked great ever since. That was 3 years ago so it must be OK:cool: I would get a thermometer and actually measure the temp, you really can't tell by touching it. The m series do seem to run warm though.
Ed

reebree

Equipment
M9540
Oct 17, 2009
McLain, ms
Thanks for the reply. I did check the temp of the oil and it was at 220 degrees while I was mowing hay with a 10' vermeer trail mower, after changing oil and filters, I shut it down because I was concerned I would damage the tractor especially the hydrostatic transmission. The oil got to 170 degrees with out any equipment hooked to tractor and just driving it down the road. I am just wondering what is normal temp.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
A M9540 with Hydrostatic transmission? Have you guys in the States got something else we in Canada don't have? What oil did you use when you changed it? Is the vermeer pto or Hyd drive? 220 isn't going to hurt anything ( the oil in your engine is likely much hotter!) It would be nice if someone else would chech their oil temp so we could compare.
Ed