Home made quick coupler for Kubota K008

Calman93611

Equipment
Kubota B7100 w/FEL & BH, Kubota B7100 w/FEL and box scraper, Kubota K008,
Mar 8, 2015
Clovis, CA
Well I finally got my K008 with thumb and 2 buckets. Changing buckets takes a lot of time because of the thumb. So I decided to get a quick attach that is until I saw how much these can cost. So I decided to try and make my own.

Ok, now the disclaimer! I am a Landscape contractor, NOT a welder and NOT a machinist! So please take this into account on the finished product.

Here is the original design.

I couldn't get the program to round off the numbers so that is why some dimensions are slightly off.

Next step was a wood prototype

The collars are 2" solid bar stock, used my lathe to cut a slightly smaller than 1" ID for the pins. I believe Kubota pins are 25mm. 1" is 25.4 mm. My son also cut the upper plates with holes about 1.98" which required a little machining to get them to fit inside of the top plates.

My son cut the forks for me with a waterjet, what a time saver.

Ok, so when I looked at the pieces I noticed that there was not enough room for some welds so I had to modify the forks, adding another 3/8".

So here is the quick coupler, with the modifications and cheap paint, my Kubota dealer is currently out of Kubota orange.

Not perfect, welds are sometimes kinda ugly ..... ok, really ugly.

Mounted to my K008

with a bucket attached

I used a Lincoln mig for the tacks and my Miller 180 Syncrowave using stick for the welds. All vertical pieces are 1/2" and the horizontal plate is 1". Probably over kill.

What did I learn from the project? Make welding jigs ahead of time to help keep pieces perpendicular. My forks are not perpendicular because I made so my passes on one side before building up the other side.

Cost? Well the good news, I think I am into the quick coupler about $75.

BTW, if you do a lot of welding try using coarse grit, 24, ceramic grinding discs. You would not believe how much material you can remove with the ceramic discs. I have not used regular grinding wheels for about 5 years now.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I am interested in these discs, name brand? Photo maybe?
Quick attatch looks great, when it comes to a hoe- overkill doesent exist, break a bracket and you are out of service, right now.

Calman93611

Equipment
Kubota B7100 w/FEL & BH, Kubota B7100 w/FEL and box scraper, Kubota K008,
Mar 8, 2015
Clovis, CA
I am interested in these discs, name brand? Photo maybe?
Quick attatch looks great, when it comes to a hoe- overkill doesent exist, break a bracket and you are out of service, right now.
Here is the ceramic grinding disc

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If I remember right they were like $6 per disk for the Heavy Duty ones.