HF quick hitch problems, need help.

bastrawn

May 3, 2017
US
After connecting the quick hitch to my MX5200, the distance between the lower and upper hooks seem to be too short even with the upper hook in the lowest position. I am trying to connect a Land Pride BB2572 box blade.

I am trying to use the bolt with the spacer on it just below where the top pin would go through to connect the upper arm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
My experience is that using that top hook for different attachments is a waste of time and usually about the problem you state. Instead get a piece of steel strap about 1/2" by 2" maybe 6 0r 8 inches long and drill 1/2" holes spaced. Use that at the top link. You may have to enlarge 1/2" holes a little for ease of use.

kaiser715

Equipment
L2501/FEL/BH77 -- B2400/60"MMM/Bagger
Mar 17, 2017
Tramway, NC
Check out my thread: Quick Hitch confuderation

Compared mine, bought last week, to a buddy's bought 2 months ago...obviously not even from the same factory. His measures 14-5/8, mine 15-1/2 vertically.

I'm thinking a new Chicom factory took the design drawings and sample as a mere "suggestion".

I am chopping mine up and re-working it.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Do a Google search for "quick hitch adapter" and that may help. Many ideas there and sources for adapters.

bastrawn

May 3, 2017
US
I did not have any adapter that came with the quick hitch. I ended up welding a piece of 1 in key stock to the upper hook and drilling one hole in the stock for proper height. Now I think I am going to scrap the bolts for the upper hook and go with pins or something different. They are rubbing the box blade and causing it to bind when releasing the implement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk