Help with crankcase/crank identification and supplier

tyc

Equipment
L5030HST
Nov 14, 2016
petaluma ca
Hoping someone has a better path than the one I am currently headed down. My crank and case are toast. Not sure how it happened and the dealer says its very rare. Oh well luck is not with me.

I had a backyard mechanic split the tractor and pull block apart. Took it to the dealer and then the machine shop the local dealer uses. Consensus between the two was I need a new crankcase and crank. Ugh.

OK so here is my question. Dealer wants about 6K for the two parts. Ouch. I can find v2403 used engines for less than half that. Problem is the engine seems to be a weird variant. V2403-M-ES03 and the parts are hard to locate. Someone said it was due to the L5030 tractor coming with balance shafts and most v2403 engines don't come with them.

So I appologize if this makes no sense. I am not a mechanic and most of this info is second hand.

Love to find a used set but need to be sure to get the right part and one supplier I found told me all v2403-m crankcases were the same. Glad I didn't get that one because after inspecting pictures we noticed there were no provisions for the balance shafts.

Anyway, the local dealer gave me the following part numbers. Crank
1g851-23020 case 1a091-01017. Maybe there are other part numbers that are more common and would work with my application. Maybe it is what it is. Hope someone has better news for me. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can bestow on me.

tyc

Equipment
L5030HST
Nov 14, 2016
petaluma ca
Awesome!!! Thanks for the referral. These guys have it. Well say they do anyway. Am waiting to see if they can take some pics so I can confirm. The reviews say they are good but need to verify parts carefully. Hope they send you a thank you coupon.

Why did I spend days trying to find this on my own? Because I'm a dude and don't like to ask for directions. :confused:

If anybody has any other advice I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will just pull the trigger.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I wouldn't get in too big of a hurry. More options may be available. I think a member here, 007Kubotaguy (I believe) is in Calif and has access to many Kubota tractors. I'd send him a private message and discover what he says.