Help with a bx2200 54 inch mower

Amley9393

Equipment
Bx2200
Aug 27, 2021
Georgia
Hello, I need some help I bought a bx2200 couple years back and has its little cork issues. But today's issue is the mowers pto shaft. I'm trying to find the part number of.the quick release or slide safety yoke.. and a diagram or pictures of how parts of that yoke go together. My first tractor so im learning as I go.
My yoke was damaged when I bought so its been hard to get off and was bent in and had a hole in it.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I put this post together quickly so please double check with Messicks or other Kubota dealers before making any purchases.

Others have found U joints from NAPA

My thinking is that at the grass cutting time of year you need your machine back in operation quickly. Hence the logic to buy the complete assembled shaft. During the winter you can consider building up a spare shaft using various parts sources..

You state this is your first tractor and expensive U joints can easily be damaged when removing then with the intention of re-installing them. The tiny roller bearing inside tend to tip over during assembly and can cause lots of grief.

Kubota: Kubota RCK54-22BX(BX1800 BX2200) (54" SIDE DISCHARGE MOWER) Parts Diagrams

forum BX2200 54 mower shaft.jpg

forum BX2200 mower shaft parts list.jpg

If you study the parts list I think you will come to the conclusion that buying the complete shaft and keeping your original one for spares makes the most sense.

The complete shaft is #10 is $388.71
#20 the quick yoke which is all you absolutely need is $276.57
forum BX2200 quick yoke.jpg

#60 a simple U joint is $106

forum BX2200 U joint.jpg

Please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Dave

Amley9393

Equipment
Bx2200
Aug 27, 2021
Georgia
What model mower do you have? Is it a RCK54-22BX?

If you have the mower model, you can look up parts numbers/diagrams here

What model mower do you have? Is it a RCK54-22BX?

If you have the mower model, you can look up parts numbers/diagrams here

I'm not 100 percent sure. There is not a ID tag but I do believe that's it..

Amley9393

Equipment
Bx2200
Aug 27, 2021
Georgia
I put this post together quickly so please double check with Messicks or other Kubota dealers before making any purchases.

Others have found U joints from NAPA

My thinking is that at the grass cutting time of year you need your machine back in operation quickly. Hence the logic to buy the complete assembled shaft. During the winter you can consider building up a spare shaft using various parts sources..

You state this is your first tractor and expensive U joints can easily be damaged when removing then with the intention of re-installing them. The tiny roller bearing inside tend to tip over during assembly and can cause lots of grief.

Kubota: Kubota RCK54-22BX(BX1800 BX2200) (54" SIDE DISCHARGE MOWER) Parts Diagrams

View attachment 65103

View attachment 65104

If you study the parts list I think you will come to the conclusion that buying the complete shaft and keeping your original one for spares makes the most sense.

The complete shaft is #10 is $388.71
#20 the quick yoke which is all you absolutely need is $276.57
View attachment 65106
#60 a simple U joint is $106

View attachment 65105

Please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Dave
Yes that's it. Thanks yall. It has all the parts just out shell is bent had a hole. I took apart and welded it up. Trying to fix and forgot how it goes back together. I have a memory issue due to a medication I take. I usually take pictures but lost somehow.. man that little part is expensive. They don't fit back right so I know I'll have to get it.. and your right this time on year I do need it. Because of all the rain, it being down, and me being handicap due to accident the yard is out of control. I'm going to barrow a bush hog. To get it down. My daughters have been trying to keep it down with weed eater but it's to much for them.. thanks yall. I'll have more questions down the road. As it does have some more minor things I want to do this winter..

Last edited: