Help needed! BF400G Loader Bolt off a L2250. Drawing wanted!

Juztyn00

Equipment
L245
Feb 25, 2015
Mt. Vernon, IL
I need the loader mount wedge bolts for a BF400G Loader. Where the quick attach loader mounts to the subframe. Kubota wants $103 each them and I feel I can make them easily enough. I was wondering if anyone that has one of these loaders would be willing to pull one off their tractor, lay it on a piece of paper and trace an outline, and scan it for me. Or even a picture with a scale would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm all about saving a buck, but those are one set of bolts that I wouldn't consider making.;)
They are stressed and hardened steel and are under an extreme amount of force and a failure could be catastrophic for you or someone else. :eek::(

Juztyn00

Equipment
L245
Feb 25, 2015
Mt. Vernon, IL
I'm not worried about my fabrication skills. There will be a 5/8" or 3/4" grade 8 bolt all the way through the mount. From the one diagram I found it looks as though the wedge just needs to be on one side of the bolt to pull the loader tight into the subframe. I was just hoping someone could get me a scale profile of the wedge. I'm not going to make a triangle and tack a bolt on it and hope it holds.

The whole BF400G loader is being mounted on a L245 which it was never designed to go on, so I'm re-engineering a lot of other parts as well. If they were 30 or 40 bucks apiece I'd still think they were high but I would pay for them, but at $200 I can't justify that when I've already paid for a welder, grinder, torch, lathe, and a pair of leather gloves.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I believe those wedge bolts are heat treated forgings. I have a fully equipped machine and fabrication shop, and I don't think I would tackle those for that money. The only good approach I see is to use a good tool steel to machine it from solid, then have it heat treated, probably induction hardened to provide high surface hardness while remaining a tough interior. And at that point, $200 isn't really that expensive.

That wedge takes a pretty high sliding load, how do you plan to address that requirement? Maybe hard face rod and grind it smooth? And it takes the primary loader loads during operation, so any play that is introduced (perhaps initially by displacement or stretch?). is going to keep working at it till it gets worse.

I could be entirely wrong, but that's my read on it. Good luck, I'm interested in how it turns out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll give you this, you are relentless! ;)

Good luck with making them. :)