Help ID Magnetic Part

UroTrash

Jan 7, 2017
SC
New guy here.

I was changing the oil in my ZD221 today ( actually installing a Time Sert for a stripped oil drain) and as I was finishing I noticed this little magnetic gizmo stuck to the frame. 15x6mm with two fine wires.

Any idea what it is?

Thanks folks!

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Blasting cap?:)
Seriously, it looks a lot like the vibrator motor from an old cell phone.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Is that where that missing cell phone went too :rolleyes::p:D:D

If it's like my yard, there no telling what's been lost and buried out there. Took back around 1/2 acres that was over grown, and used for a landfill by former tenants. House used to be a rental. Found old battery's, broken windows, axle hubs, busted and bent building material and other crap. Got everything smooth, but you would be surprised what works it's way out of the ground periodically :rolleyes: Was out in the yard playing ball with the dog, and she came running back with an old rusted out ratchet a couple weeks ago. Not sure whose it was, all mine are accounted for.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Blasting cap?:)
If you see one of these, tell your parents and DON"T TOUCH IT!!:eek::eek:

Remember those Public Service Announcements?:)

Honestly, doesn't look like it belongs to the tractor, to me anyway. Wires are too fine.

I found a flanged, fine-threaded nut under my JD tractor in the garage years ago - probably for 3/8" or so bolt.

All I could think was that looks important......looked tractor all over for 20 minutes.....:confused:

Turns out it was a nut for my Stihl trimmer head had fallen, and rolled under the tractor.....WHEW!!!:cool:

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
That would make sense if you ran over a phone and the part popped up and stuck. Either that or your wife is tracking you... :D

cn2redjeep

Equipment
L3901, tiller, finish mower, pallet forks, rear blade
Mar 27, 2015
Illinois
Quick get rid of it. It's a Russian Gigawatt Tracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk