HELP, HUGE, think i broke it

gribur

Feb 2, 2014
Canada
HELP,I Broke It (PICS ADDED)

I was using a friends Kubota today, removing snow with a bucket and only odd thing was reverse was very slow almost not moving, it is an automatic, sorry for terminology but it has the rocker pedal that does forward and reverse. well that's the issue, that pedal just stop working, it is as if it came undone. I looked under the tractor and it is not attached to anything at all, just hanging around all loose and not moving anything. Please help me as I would like to fix this even though I highly doubt I could have stopped it from happening. ty so much. educate me please.!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We might be able to help, but it really would be nice to know what tractor exactly you're needing to work on!;)

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
PICS! Snap a pic of what you believe is the issue and most likely someone on here will tell you the solution in no time.

gribur

Feb 2, 2014
Canada
Thanks guys, sorry no pics earlier. well I walked around and found a piece of what looks like brass or something but it is a rod with bent ends, it is in the pictures, have a feeling its part of the issue but still a mystery. any ideas from the pics let me know. Ty

gribur

Feb 2, 2014
Canada
Would that cause the forward/reverse pedal to disconnect? I am so lost with this, I literally need this explained in detail, I am used to cars, lost on tractors.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Re: HELP,I Broke It (PICS ADDED)

I was using a friends Kubota today,
If it was my tractor I would want to know it was broken and be involved in the fix. It appears to be a new tractor and may be covered by warranty. I suggest you contact your FRIEND.

Would that cause the forward/reverse pedal to disconnect? I am so lost with this, I literally need this explained in detail, I am used to cars, lost on tractors.
To find what is loose, have some one move the pedal up and down. You should be able to see some hole that the linkage you found (bar bent at both ends) will fit into. Put one end into that hole, then move the link around until you can find another hole that the linkage will fit into. You may need to hold the pedal up into what is its normal position (if you can recall where that is). See if any of these looks like the diagrams that Profnohair posted. Try to make it look like the diagrams. Then gently push the pedal and see if it seems to move correctly. If it does then start the tractor and see if it moves. If it does then you can get the proper clips from the dealer and any other missing parts on the linkage and install it properly.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is just a wild ass guess and I could be wrong, but it looks like in the photos that the roll pin that attaches the pedals to the shaft has backed out.
You get to the pin by pulling up the rubber mat and the pin will be accessible just in front of the reverse pedal.

You can confirm this is the problem; while under the tractor move the pedal and if the shaft doesn't move it's the pin backed out, if you notice in the print it is actually one pin inside another.

BX2350.JPG

BX2350 2 .JPG

BX2350 3 .JPG

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
To add one more thing, you didn't break it! It just happened to quit while you were using it and would likely have also died on your buddy if he was using it. You just got lucky...

It looks to me like the guys have not only identified the fix, but figured out why reverse was funky in the first place (the roll pin). What's nice about this is you will be able to return it in better condition than when you borrowed it! :)

Nice catch Wolfman!

You might get lucky and find the clip you need at a local auto parts. Worst case, use a thin washer (if there's enough clearance) with a cotter pin to get it going while you order the proper clip from the dealer (if they don't have it in stock).

You can also order the correct clip from www.messicks.com if that's easier for you.

Good luck!

Steve

Last edited:

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Yeah, I would talk to him. However, you know them best, and if they are cynical in the slightest, I would fix it first. If reverse was funky when you got it, let them know the issue worsened to this point. Then just tell them you had some buddies online that quickly figured it out and told you the fix. You should be able to find the pins pretty easy, and cheap. Kubotas parts diagrams are straight forward, so go fix it!

Tractors are not much different than cars/trucks except they're typically much easier to work on and use a lot of linkages. If cars were built like tractors, manufacturers would sell a whole lot less of them :cool: