Help finding discontinued B5100E part

curlycarroll

Equipment
B7100HST with RC60-71HR deck, B7100DP 1999
Jun 26, 2011
Near London UK
Hi All,

I have recently bought a dismantled B5100E on impulse, I only wanted the aircleaner but when that turned up in almost new condition I had to ask how much the rest of the tractor was and as it was only £300 (about $500US) I grabbed it... There is no rust, the original paint is still bright and shiny, most of the bare metal components still have that lovely new golden colour to them. It's not the model of tractor I would have preferred (I already own a B7100HST but was looking for a B4200) but at that price it was unmissable.

The previous owner told me the main drive shaft was snapped and that part is still carried by Kubota, however, when fellow OTT member Rob (who luckily lives close to me) saw the shaft he broke the news to me that it was, in fact, not the main drive shaft but a much smaller shaft - in the gearbox - which has failed and, you guessed it, Kubota has discontinued it. The offending part No. is 66494-14210.

Before I spend more than the tractor cost on having the shaft remade can anyone help with selling one or suggest where I might try to find a salvaged part? I've already tried, Messicks, Colemans, Wengers and Golden Eagle in the US.

Thanks very much,

Curly

Attachments

curlycarroll

Equipment
B7100HST with RC60-71HR deck, B7100DP 1999
Jun 26, 2011
Near London UK
Thank you VERY much for the kind help.

I have contacted WKTP and asked them to reserve the part for me while they remove it from the transmission of their tractor, hopefully they will send a few photos of it when they have removed it. What a great place, I think I may be getting a few more parts from them too.

All the best,

Curly

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thats good news on that shaft, they may have a few parts i need for my B8200 also, i think if we may a combined order etc we can save a lot on shipping and charges, i'll email you later.

rob